ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retro Renault

Brisol my lover..
Few pics of my new hot rod, its done 50k, got a full mot had 2 owners from new..;)

12022008410.jpg

12022008401.jpg

12022008409.jpg

12022008404.jpg

12022008403.jpg

Brisol my lover..
It came in as a p/x, i gave it a quick wash and wax and its looks wicked, prob going to sell it as i just dont have room for it.

ValverInBits
can anyone name a rear wheel drive, fairly long renault, or are volvos the only old, cheap comedy drifters

ValverInBits
Just been looking for a BATTERED skoda 130 now as i well want one!
Cant find any, autotrader PH, ebay uk, fr, de none at all
gutted.
Are they Polo 1.3 blocks in them does anyone know. My mate is some kind of northern polo demon and we wanna go halves on one

visualize whirled pe
Capri would be fun.They dont handle for fudge

Being a big fan of old fords and having run and re-built them over the years I can say the capri is a fantasic handling car. Although the 2.8i had leaf srung rear suspension it also had good quality bilstein shocks and the specials and brooklands had lsd's. Infact aston martin even took the basic 2.8i and created a limited edition turbo charged version.
They were quite tail happy in the wet but that didnt make them bad handling cars, for such big cars they were quite agile in the right hands.

Bloody hell! My parents had one, same colour too. It's the first car I can remember from my childhood...

blimey :eek: was it owned by an old person ??

It's mint !

I would think so, most young people aren't bought up with those kind of values when it comes to looking after things.
So true mate.

I remember a fair while back (about six years ago or so) when my mate & his gf were given two old cars from his gf's grandparents as they never used them & felt they were too old to carry on driving.
He was given an old silver D reg cavalier (complete with seat covers) it had only done about 20k too, it was a minter.
She was given an old W reg red metro (with seat covers) that had only done about 2000 miles :eek: That was mint too.

The cavalier got crashed into by someone & written off. They still have the metro but it had a lot of problems. It's currently sat in her mums garage.

I would think so, most young people aren't bought up with those kind of values when it comes to looking after things.
So true mate.

I remember a fair while back (about six years ago or so) when my mate & his gf were given two old cars from his gf's grandparents as they never used them & felt they were too old to carry on driving.
He was given an old silver D reg cavalier (complete with seat covers) it had only done about 20k too, it was a minter.
She was given an old W reg red metro (with seat covers) that had only done about 2000 miles :eek: That was mint too.

The cavalier got crashed into by someone & written off. They still have the metro but it had a lot of problems. It's currently sat in her mums garage.

Very lucky to be given cars. My housemates can't comprehend why i park in the corner of car parks and why i am so defensive over my car. Its because I paid for it out of my own pocket!
Its not the case everytime i was given my first car and I looked after that but my housemates 05 plate Clio Dynamique is in worse condition that my grandparents F reg Golf. Dynamique was bought new by his parents and theres a scrape one every corner, bumpers cracked etc, interior filthy, basically fcuked.

previous owner was a lady in her 70's

Thought so, that or I thought it was a dead mans car... Out of interest was it first registered by Rust and Rattle in Portishead? All the local old reno bangers seem to have the WYA plate around there or HHW.

Very retro. I'd love a MG Metro Turbo of the same era.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
i saw a skoda 120 at a classic car show, it was in a matte olive green with the engine in the boot and a funky exhaust that was on the back of the rear bumper, i want one :)

Po-LOW
haha, i would love to mate, i really would, but i cant really justify buyin a car until my 'scort' kicks the bucket

if i did own it, one of winstons 'hoodride' stickers would certainly be slapped on it!