ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retina screens coating coming off (Staingate)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/17/apple-mbp-ar-coating-quality-program-staingate/

Has anyone experienced this and approached Apple about having it fixed?

Apparently there's a program run by Apple to replace retina screens that have this issue, but it's not publicly advertised, and you need to take it to an Apple Store to get yours looked at.

My MBP has started to tear a bit in the corner, It's not yet on the actual screen, it's on the black edge, but I'm concerned about it growing onto the screen.

My nearest Apple Store is quite far away for them to just tell me it's not bad enough to be replaced...

The end date for this repair is some time in Oct 2016, so I want to get it done before the deadline.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is very much like this, although this isn't my actual MBP:

7.jpg

182 T
Just take it mate, once they've actually admitted there is an issue Apple are relatively easy about replacements.

K20 EG Hatch
Wonder if they'd do anything with mine? It's a 2012 MBP which did have Apple Care but has obviously ran out now. But it looks just like the pic above all over really!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My cousin had this... took him about 20 phone calls and 4-5 months of badgering various 'managers' but eventually got a replacement. Not even joking with those numbers! Mind you that might have been before they 'admitted' this problem, so might be easier now?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I have a couple of little silver bits in the corner of my iPad Air 2 on the black part (underneath the glass), it's really annoying because I'm always trying wipe them off.