ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

retain stalk control and display with aftermarket head unit

Is there any way to retain the standard display and stalk controls if I change to an after market head unit

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Is there any way to retain the standard display and stalk controls if I change to an after market head unit
Standard display is possible but varies with aftermarket headunits, most will just permanently display 'RENAULT' with the time.

To be able to use your stalk controls you need a wiring loom for your specific make of aftermarket headunit. 172/182 looms come in two variations, 'update list' or 'tuner list' which refers to the OEM Headunit your car has.

Standard display is possible but varies with aftermarket headunits, most will just permanently display 'RENAULT' with the time.

To be able to use your stalk controls you need a wiring loom for your specific make of aftermarket headunit. 172/182 looms come in two variations, 'update list' or 'tuner list' which refers to the OEM Headunit your car has.

How do i check which loom i need and how do i find out which head unit would be compatible with the display?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Does your original headunit on the front face right hand side read update list or tuner list? I'm not aware of which aftermarket headunits are fully compatible with the clio display, perhaps search this forum.