ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Result with Insurance

Just taken out a Policy with Directline, for £1173 on a 03 172 with a "ahem" (like for like exhaust) 2 years NCB and im 21.

Didnt think this was bad concidering that last year they wouldnt even give me a quote on a saxo VTR!!!

Anyone had any experiance with their policy for driving other peoples cars?? They said that i could, ie drive my dads car Third party if he was dying and i had 2 get him to hospital.

So does that mean that i can borrow the old Volvo estate to go on a booze cruise?? ;)

black golf v6 4 motion

im with reno insurance 5ys no claim (loyalty bonus) 22 pay £1000, £200 excess can drive any car third party

Ad

MK2 FRS

Im paying £1275 for my renewal with Privelege. Directline couldnt match it. 22yrs old with 3ncb. Got 3 points. :(

WOW looks like i did get a good quote then :D and before you ask, its not in a really good post code, but it is garaged.

Cant remeber how many miles i told them i did a year though. Think i was being optomisitc that i would change jobs in the next month. Did hve the stomach to tell them i do 25k + per year :cry:

wacko m8, the simple answer 2 your query is that u can only drive somebody elses car in an emergency! thats the way they word it, and can b a bit funny if u interpretet this any other way! somebody did drive another vehicle in a non emergency and they revoked his cover!

Burgandy 174 sport t

you know u cant modify the car then?? otherwise I would have went with them!! only 834 btw!! 21 on a 172!!

Have a look at the terms they usually let you drive any car 3rd party as long as the party has agreed to it (sort of obvious) and that the other car has a policy on it under someone else name. There no problem though driving your dads car on a booze cruise if its right.

Im fed up of all young 172 owners getting cheap insurance though.

I think aslong as if you made a 3rd party claim on another car that you proved that you didnt drive it all the time you would be fine since a 3rd party claim is likly to be much less than a full claim on the 172. They might have a moan if ur driving a supercar etc when you crash and see how much you drive but there legally obliged to pay 3rd party claims.

Fabia vRS

Im third party on all other vehicles, but mi mates Zetec-S insurance says no1 can drive it unless their 25+ which discludes me(am 22)

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 15 March 2004

you know u cant modify the car then?? otherwise I would have went with them!! only 834 btw!! 21 on a 172!!
U cant modify the car?

They let me declare my SuperSprint system.... Although it did take me roughly 15mins to explain to them what a performance exhaust was. So in the end i just gave up and said it was a like for like replacment.