ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoring shine?

172 cup
Hi, had my car keyed on the door and front wing a few weeks ago. I fixed the front wing by filling it with paint then sanding it down and then buffing it out.

I am in the process of doing the door which is far longer. I have sanded down the key line so it is smooth but am having trouble restoring the shine of the mark. The wing which is plastic if it makes a difference is the same shine as the rest of it now, but the door is not.

Is there anything i could do to get the shinny lacquered appearance once again? I havent used lacquer on any of it so far and dont plan to.

thanks

172 cup
Used some megs scratch x and metalic t-cut colour restorer, then used a car wax. Im going to try a few more coats of wax to see if that improves it.

106 GTi
Working by hand is going to take a bit of elbow grease and a decent polish/compound is a must. anyone local with a machine polisher than may be able to help you out?