ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoring a Ph1

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
The people who were going to restore my Ph1 172 (ALSA in South Wales who look after one of the BTCC cars) can't do it now due to illness so I need someone else instead to do it. Has anyone else restored a Ph1's body back to a high standard and therefore has a good place to recommend. It doesn't need to be in Wales, but they do need to be good.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I had about 20 phase 1s
Depends what you want to do & what the budget is...

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Restore the bodywork so it's rear arches and the front bumper (both sections), then straighten the bent sills where they collapse on jacking and re-shultz the underside.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How are the sills looking inside the rear quarters? If its rusted like most of them have now it would be a shame to not get them done at the same time

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I'll get it all done, I just need to find somewhere good who will do it. One place I took it to said they'd fit box sections to it like a 5 Turbo, needless to say I declined!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I'll get it all done, I just need to find somewhere good who will do it. One place I took it to said they'd fit box sections to it like a 5 Turbo, needless to say I declined!

Should of said yes as the box section would've strengthened the jacking points.