ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respraying wheels at home

Si

RS Clio 172
Are they well prepped?

I've used 6 tins of colour coat on wheels so far and i'm still not done.

How have you prepped them? It's all in the prep work, get that wrong and the rest will be sh*te.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
And be patient and dont try and take shortcuts as youll just end up doing it again.

When I did mine, I roughly used a can per wheel for each different process, so 4 cans grey primer, 4 cans of colour coat, 4 cans of lacquer. Thats in total.
That left me some spare, to allow for any mistakes. Just make sure you sand them down well before applying the primer.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
When I did mine, I roughly used a can per wheel for each different process, so 4 cans grey primer, 4 cans of colour coat, 4 cans of lacquer. Thats in total.
That left me some spare, to allow for any mistakes. Just make sure you sand them down well before applying the primer.

Cant stress this enough!

Clio 1.2
when i did mine i used about 5/6 tins each of primer and colour, then about 3/4 cans lacquer.
If you get all your bits from halfords it will cost something from 60-70 inc all the prep bits. Read tutorials before doing anything, as above its all the prep work and very time consuming. lightly sand between coats (read tutorials).