ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respray

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
I'm having to have my rear quarter resprayed because of a small paint run,. Can anyone tell me what the prep is for this kind of respray? Will they remove the supergard treatment(which is coming to the end of it's effectiveness) and small inperfections/tar beforehand or would i be advised to get it PC'ed first.

Punto/Clio GTT
superguard? you mean textured stuff at bottom of sil? that wont be touched, wheres the run?

usually itll just be wet flatted out possibly primed if it breaks through the basecoat.

as for the tar, it'll be got off in the booth when its pre-cleaned.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
superguard? you mean textured stuff at bottom of all? that wont be touched, wheres the run?

No, the paint protection glaze that's like permaguard tho not as good:) even though i think mine was applied well.
The paint run is around the petrol refill recess and was there from new as to the other things your reply pretty much put's my mind to rest, will get it pc'ed after. Thanks J

106 GTi
The Supagard will be straight off when they use some panel wipe on the quarter.