ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resistors - Service and airbag light related

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I've been reading the sticky for how to switch the airbag and SERV light off when you've removed your driver's airbag.

Can someone confirm, is this 4.3K ohm resistor the same as 4.3 ohm (which is what is recommended on cliosport)?

Sorry for the noob question, but I can't find an answer anywhere.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
You realise technically it should still fail - if it left the factory with an airbag they are meant to be there (and functional ie no warnings) for it to pass.

Hopefully you get a friendly tester, or one that hasn't read the memo!

182, M3, Astra Van
You can also turn the light off with certain diagnostics equipment, we use a Launch (which a lot of small garages will have as ECP was doing a big push selling them early this year) it allowed me to essentially disable the steering wheel airbag, same as clip.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
will removing the bulb pass on its mot does anyone know? has been flagged up so has failed. had it plugged in but is reading rear pretentioners :s thinking of this just so I can take it for retest before the 10 days is up

dan's cast offs.
will removing the bulb pass on its mot does anyone know? has been flagged up so has failed. had it plugged in but is reading rear pretentioners :confused: thinking of this just so I can take it for retest before the 10 days is up

Pass and advise under current test, not looked into it when it changes this year but afik still the same.