ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

reset service light

Fabia vRS
I've searched the forum, but can't find anything specific to this topic.

Is it possible to reset the in dash service light without taking it to a garage??

My Mk4 Polo had a note in the owners handbook which told you how to reset the service display, which I used to do when I did the servicing myself.

Any ideas??

Fabia vRS
Cheers for reply.

Is there some sort of diagnostic tool I can buy or pc software I can use to tinker with codes and reset the light?

16v Phase 1
I know "German, Swedish & French" do it for Audi's and BMW's and you can buy the unit for abourt £12..not sure about clios but may be worth checking out. GSF seem to be on a bit of a 'learning curve' for renaults, but maybe with time.....

SEAT LEON
Clios Don T Have A Service Inicator Light!! A Light Will Be On Your Dash In Yellow Saying 'serv' This Will Come Not Because You Need A Service But Because You Have A Fault On One Of The Cars Computor.

Don't panic mate, my service light and airbag light have been on and off for about two years now. 98% of the time they're on. It's a loose wire connection under the drivers seat, dealer says its is a common problem. Won't bloody fix it though will he?!

Fabia vRS
The car is FINE!!!
I ain't panicking!!

I've known about the airbag/service light for ages, and it does occasionally come on, but just jiggle the pretensioner wires and it's sorted!!

I assumed that as on other marques of car, (my experience is with VW's) is that the service indicator light comes on when the car is due for a service.

I used to do the oil service, oil, plugs, filters etc, then reset the service indicator using the method presecribed in the VW owners handbook.
All sorted, ready for another 10k before the warning would come on.

As I said, I thought you could perhaps do this yourself, but as Matt Black YOU CAN'T.

Figured I'd just have to pay a stealer to do a service that I can do myself!!

But what you guys are telling me now, is that this service light doesn't come on for service intervals (18k) but only if there is a diagnostic fault/other problem??

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
You can easily reset any of the 99 > dash lights and error codes using simple diagnostics software such as digimoto. This is perfectly safe and if you have a real fault the light will just come back on again when that fault is next detected.

Im not sure if the serv lights come on every 18k tbh. If so mines due in about 2k.

Digimoto you can just run a system check:

8.jpg

Then clear codes / lights as required:

4.jpg

jonnybad said:
But what you guys are telling me now, is that this service light doesn't come on for service intervals (18k) but only if there is a diagnostic fault/other problem??
Yep means there a problem the serv warning light often comes on with other lights at the same time otherwsie check your oil as that can set it off.
The Serv never comes on when the car needs a service.

Fabia vRS
edde said:
Yep means there a problem the serv warning light often comes on with other lights at the same time otherwsie check your oil as that can set it off.
The Serv never comes on when the car needs a service.

Cheers!! That's what I needed to hear.