ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing wheel bearings

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Ive got a load of grease behind the brake disk on the passenger side front wheel, and the other side is bone dry.

Im running a lot of camber and have been goin round rounabouts too fast so i think its the wheel bearings...

What will happen if i dont fix the problem?

How easy it is to fix? (whats involved?)

cheers

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
nice, that sounds cheap to fix :)

would you recommend that i take it off, regrease and fix a new one?

1.2 16v Dynamique.
If its just come off then put it back on with a good, strong cable tie after putting some more grease in it. If its slpit or knackered then its a bit of a pain to change. A good garage may have some cones which allow them to put new boots on with out taking the cv joint off the drive shaft, saving time and hassle.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Each to there own, i wouldnt put a cable tie anyware near my CV gaitors though.

They are designed to be used with metal straps, hence why they come issued with them from new, in most cases.

Lionel Richie
cable tie on a cv gaitor is a bit of a temporary fix, the CV gaitors pop off on full lock on RS clios, its a "feature" of the car LOL

it does need a proper strap on it

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Ive had to use the proper metal clips once, on a merc vito mini bus as the boots are more plastic than rubber. Other than that, the best quality cable ties are ideal and I've never had any trouble in 15 years. Your the Clio expert so if you say they need the proper clips then that'll do for me mate!