ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing the front side windows?

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Hey,

My side windows and windscreen are horrifically scratched - previous owner must have used a belt sander to clean them (really, they're that bad). Thankfully the rear side and rear windows are fine (oddly). I can get a new windscreen via my insurance without it making a difference to my no claims for £75, so I'm going to do that after Christmas as with the low sun it's dangerous.

What about side windows? They're not covered so I'll need to source those. I don't want racing, plastic ones as I use it on the road but I don't even know where to start - I'd rather not go to a breaker's yard and get 2 new doors as I have no way of transporting them and I seem to have a Clio in a really rare colour (at least around here, I bought it 4 weeks ago and I've seen 1 since!) so I might not even get 2 doors anyway. Even then the glass might still be crap anyway.

Where's the best place to go? Somewhere like Autoglass or a smaller independent place?

clio sport 172 ph1
Pretty easy to replace door glass yourself once you have the doorcard off its only a matter of a couple of bolts holding the glass to the runners

M2 Comp
Adam @ Renault Wolverhampton can get the side windows for you. I've had a price on them as mine need replacing and it was around £50/£60 per side from memory.

dan's cast offs.
from a car i'm breaking, will check what condition they are in but pretty certain they are fine.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
from a car i'm breaking, will check what condition they are in but pretty certain they are fine.

Ah right, cool. You're not too far from me either - the Wirral is ~45 minutes from me or so, depending where about on the peninsula you are.