ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing rocker arms/roller rockers when rebuilding head ?

RS RIP
I had one of the rocker arms broken (valves floated with too many rpm's + did some damage) , a piece of the rocker lodged itself between the cams and made some nice drawings on them :dead:

When we are rebuilding the head, do we need to change all the rockers or just the broken one? The mech says they feel a bit "rough" on the roller-part and this may mark up/damage the new cams..

I had a look a the price for these rockers and they're very expensive, 30 pounds a piece i believe! When i need 16 it does'nt add up to the prices i've seen on here for refurbed heads; so are they always re-used ?

thanks

RS RIP
So in your cases the cams must have also been unscaved? My cams looked like this on some of the lobes:

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

Hoping that just replacing some of them will be allright, do'nt know if they wear differently which could mean all of 'em have to be done..?

Tbh if it was my personal engine if probably use them again, just as its only my labour/money I'm playing with. I'd probably micro polish the cams to get them as smooth as possible.

RS RIP
^^the cams are shot , these pics do'nt really show the damage. I'm wanting to go with some new Schricks as they come pretty close to the C&B spec that i was running. My mechanic only warned about the rockers feeling "rough" and was afraid these might mark up the new cams.. he's wanting to replace them.

As far as i can see replacing the rockers is just about "not done" by anyone, or at least not written about on here.. ca'nt find any info on it anyway

RS RIP
^^ great stuff! Next questions immediately arises; are there differences between ph1 + ph2 rockers+lifters ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Nope, they're all the same across the 16v petrols including 1.4/1.6