ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing fuel tank

BMW 535d
Bit of a dilemma, my fuel tank on the Williams has got a small hole in it.

I want to replace the tank but I cant see the point in putting an original one back

The only other thing is that I have already put a new fuel pump in the tank for the turbo.

Option 1: simple replacement of original tank

Option 2: New aluminium/plastic tank to fit in boot.

Pros and cons of both I suppose

Any one already done a tank replacement?

Talk to me

I'd say option 1 personaly I'm guessing its a track car hence 2 is an option for you though.

Personaly though safer having fuel outside and no smells of fuel in the car.

Tank replacment from memoery you have to drop the rear axle.

BMW 535d
Yea I also thought about the fumes

Going to be hard to find a replacement I think. From memory ph1 and 2 tanks are different

We've done lots of tank in boot setups on the race car and to be honest it shouldn't smell of fuel that much ;) . ATL Super Saver cell or similar either pump or gravity fed to a swirl pot, then main pressure pump to rail. If running aftermarket control then consider converting to a dead end rail setup with the reg next to the pump as it saves the weight of a return line. Remember you will want a none return valve in the breather and routing it well outside is only sensible.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd personally fit a lower spec (1.2 base model) tank so you lose the stupid auxillery tank and just have a main tank.

Best of both worlds then imo.