ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing front beaarings - likely to need ABS sensors?

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Car going in to a friends garage on Saturday to have majority of front suspension components replaced but seem to have overlooked a likely problem with the front ABS sensors.

Are these likely to be damaged if the hubs are removed for new bearings to be pressed in?

Thanks in advance!

BMW 535d
Arent they just screwed in with 2 screws. So should be detached before going to town on the bearing

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Arent they just screwed in with 2 screws. So should be detached before going to town on the bearing

I did think that but reading some posts on here says they are near on impossible to remove without damaging them!

E46 M3
They won't come out - ever. I managed to move mine enough so the bearing could be replaced with no problem. Just moving one took a few hours and much swearing. I'm not even sure if its a problem fitting a bearing with them in place anyway.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
As above, They are almost impossible to get out in one piece.

Should be able to disconnect the cable however and leave it attached to the hub.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Thanks both - just spoke to friend at garage who was adamant this will not be a problem!