ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing De-Cat with Standard Cat

Clio 182
Anyone know if this is easy to do? Looking under the car the de-cat looks like its TWO Spring bolts connecting to downpipe and then a u-shaped lock with TWO bolts connecting to cat-back exhaust.

Is it a simple case of putting the car on stands and removing the four bolts, swap out the de-cat and putting the four bolts back on?

OR is it easier to pay someone £30 to get it swapped out?

Cheers

Megane 225 F1
I'm guessing by the car under his name being a 182, so yes it's easy to do. 172, not so much.

LY 172
Tapatalk dosent show me f all. Is why I asked, but yeah 182 is easy, pretty much a 10 minute job as long as you can get the lambda sensor out.

Clio 182
Sorry yeah its a 182. I think i will give it a shot myself. Is the lambda sensore not just screwed in? Or is there a special way of taking it off?

Im looking to swap it out because its just way too loud plus it menas it will be ok for when it needs an MOT

LY 172
yeah the sensor is just screwed in, but they tend to be a bit tight. if a big spanner wont do it, add some heat ;)

LY 172
Yep, 22mm. And a blowtorch to get mine out. But I put some grinding paste in. So it's easy to take out in the future.