ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing C L I O with the new style RS RenaultSport badge

Megane RS250
I've been looking through a few threads and there seems to be a lot of beating round the bush and no definite answers.
As im going to debadge the 182 CUP i get this Friday, and i know the C L I O badge is the only one with holes, can the new style RS RenaultSport badge fit into the holes left behind? And if not would the new badge just fit over the top with some adhesive?
I've seen it done somewhere on here before but i cant remember who did it

Can somebody clear this up for me please.
Ad

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It will cover the holes yes.

6062641978_b38560f11d_z.jpg

DSCF4110 by Adam1182, on Flickr

Megane RS250
I just ordered one but its coming from spain like. 30 spenk.. didnt think it was to bad

220 Trophy
I can't remember mate but I bought it from west Renault off here.

Hi Adam, I see you've also got a PH1, one of the 1st things I tried to do was de-badge the rear but the CLIO badge has holes behind it so I left them on. Do you know if the RENAULT & SPORT badges also have holes? Because if not I could get rid of them and just do the new style RS badge as above. Thanks, Mark

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think the ph1 badge does have holes on the Renault Sport badge but don't count me on that.

Best way to find out is have a look from behind I suppose so take that plastic cover up and get your hand in there to feel if there's pins sticking through for the badges.

220 Trophy
I think the ph1 badge does have holes on the Renault Sport badge but don't count me on that.

Best way to find out is have a look from behind I suppose so take that plastic cover up and get your hand in there to feel if there's pins sticking through for the badges.

Thanks, will take a look, for some reason I'm thinking they don't but I could be wrong.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ph2 definitely doesn't but I'm sure I read on here once the ph1 do have holes.

But I have never looked to remove them on the ph1 so am not 100%.

Ph1 has holes for the Renault Sport like Adam said, the Ph2 doesnt.

Both have holes for the Clio badge as they are the same.

The new style RS badge JUST fits over the holes. Make sure you keep checking to you are covering the holes.

Here's mine just after I put it on!

SDC18265.jpg

Clio 182
Ph1 has holes for the Renault Sport like Adam said, the Ph2 doesnt.

Both have holes for the Clio badge as they are the same.

The new style RS badge JUST fits over the holes. Make sure you keep checking to you are covering the holes.

Here's mine just after I put it on!

SDC18265.jpg

That looks great, just bought my badge and have been undiced to keep the clio badge but this has made up my mind!

Megane RS250
Mine should arrive tomorrow, What did you use to stick yours on Jon/Adam, Also when i took the SPORT badge off.. it left 3 dirt blemish type things that for the life of me i cant get off. Any ideas guys

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine should arrive tomorrow, What did you use to stick yours on Jon/Adam, Also when i took the SPORT badge off.. it left 3 dirt blemish type things that for the life of me i cant get off. Any ideas guys

It should have the adhesive on the back of the badge mate.

Ideally mark it up to the car so its definitely sits in the right place because once it goes on it wont come back of with ease.

Arctic Clio 182 FF
Do you know if the previous edition of the RENAULT Sport badge covers the "Clio" holes...ie the 192 era "Renault sport" badge.....?

Browny, I'm pretty sure he means the early 197 badge. I've already said the RS200/RS250 badge fits, and show it on the previous page on my car!

Megane RS250
Browny, I'm pretty sure he means the early 197 badge. I've already said the RS200/RS250 badge fits, and show it on the previous page on my car!

Ahh right, apologies.. but yeah, the picture of the Trophy you posted sealed the deal. Thanks for showing mate.

Clio sport 172
Wow that car looks awesome! I'm going to do the same with my badges as well now. But £40 for one is a bit pricey which is the cheapest I can find.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Got to admit that looks ace ? Anyone got a part number ? Or what should ask the dealer for ?