ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing alternator

clio 172
So tomorrow I am tackling my alternator on my non cup clio 172 iv heard that it's a nightmare job and I need to take the bumper of to do it ? Has anyone done if who can give me some advice? Should I also be changing the AUX belt abs tensioner ? Also and most importantly do I need any special tools? And how do you take the tension of the belt ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monaco 172
Bumper and slam panel off to gain access.

No special tools are needed but yeh I would change the aux belt and tensioner while your at it.

I use the pikey method and put a jubilee clip around the tensioner. But it does have a socket for a square drive to do it properly. Can't remember the size but its a pig to get to without a bar with a slight angle to it.

clio 172
I posted a reply to this last night with a link to a guide with pics. Was on the other Clio forum/group so I assume that's why my post has been deleted by an administrator or mod, either that or it just didn't post correctly when I did it.

Anyway, here's the link again. Just copy the link and take the space out.

/article/17-clio-172-182-non-cup-aux-belt-change
O I see when I try abs open it I Judy get thing
f71ea4fe385994bb0183d1d3acc3a523.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
You need to copy the whole link and remove the space that's in between clio and sport mate. Can't post it without the space as the full phrase is filtered so doesn't work.

clio 172
You need to copy the whole link and remove the space that's in between clio and sport mate. Can't post it without the space as the full phrase is filtered so doesn't work.
Wicked cheers mate

clio 172
So iv got my old alternator of now and got a new one on order the hardest part was getting the rusty bolts out of the bumper to be honest. Only question I have is should this plug that goes into the alternator have another wire in it it looks like there was one
051f206adc9d4d216ce499807ef280a9.jpg