ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing a injector. How much?

Ph2 172
I don't trust garages because please keep taking the mick.
My ph2 172 has a missfire so I took it to a local garage after checking the plugs ect.

This is a garage which tried to charge me £760 to change a aircon hose which in the end cost me £20 to change myself!

Does £192 sound right for fitting and supplying a new injector?

Thanks

ph1 track weapon
I had an injector go. Got a fully tested 2nd hand rail with injectors for £50 and fitted by a local garage for £30. Job done :)

Ph2 172
I had an injector go. Got a fully tested 2nd hand rail with injectors for £50 and fitted by a local garage for £30. Job done :)

Bargain. I guess I can blame them if it doesn't fix the problem and they ordered AND fitted the parts. Otherwise they might say the rail was wack.
Anyone know if they can charge me even if they are wrong? Might have to get the maglite out!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Fire up the car, unplug each injector one by one. If one of them doesnt make a difference, thats the one that needs replacing.

Get one off here from someone breaking, or from clio spare, fit yourself. Should take 30mins max. It's only 2 bolts holding the rail in

330i. E30 Touring.
Bring it to me (Chertsey) and I'll fit a new rail and injectors for £40 (£20 for the part and £20 for getting me out of bed!). Think I have the parts in the shed.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have some spare injectors if you need them mate, will be a posted job though. They are easy to fit but go wasy on the fuel pipe clip as I somehow broke mine on my old car and had to have the whole line replaced :S

clio 172
Fire up the car, unplug each injector one by one. If one of them doesnt make a difference, thats the one that needs replacing.

Get one off here from someone breaking, or from clio spare, fit yourself. Should take 30mins max. It's only 2 bolts holding the rail in
top replace the injectors isit just undo them 2 bolts and pull?:S