ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement speakers for my 172?

BMW 330CI M SPORT
I want to replace the standard speakers with some improved sounding ones, good bass and treble that wont cost me a ridiculous amount. I also don't want to run an amp or sub. Recommendations?

Thanks!

clio 1.6 16v
hertz or focal components hertz are around 80 and focal 120 the hertz get good rates on here and focal are a good quality audio producer and put there 6.5inch component access speakers in mine and they sound crisp on the highs and tight on the mid bass

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Thanks mate, i've head great things about the Focal's, is it just 6.5s all around? As in, would i need 4, 2 front and 2 back?

Not a Clio
I thought the standard mk2 clio speakers were 5" (13cm)?? To fit 6.5" you need to install baffles don't you?

Not a Clio
You would benefit from upgrading to 6.5" partly because of the extra cone size, and partly because installing baffles makes the speaker much more rigid and improves the sound!

Those 13cm's will be fine for the front, I can't be sure about the back though...anybody?

13cm rear,if your going to fit those co-ax up front disconnect the tweeter or youll throw the resistance out and itll sound awful,if you want to keep tweeter then buy components and replace the tweeters

clio 1.6 16v
go for components up front for sure! as lyons said above upgrading the size is better and means more volume and big frequency range and the baffles means that mid bass is tighter and more rigid.

clio 1.6 16v
well taking the top of the dash off does make it a little easier to fit the tweeters and get the wire down through to the cross over and as of the speakers just take the door cards of file away some of the plastic so there room for the bigger speakers and then make some mdf baffles (circles) to glue to the plastic where the speakers mounted before and then mount the speaker to the baffles.

Not a Clio
On you budget I would go for some 16.5cm speakers with in-line crossovers. It makes installation much easier. You can run them off your standard headunit but upgrading the headunit will improve sound quality. Installing an amp with a new headunit will be an improvement again.