ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement 3GS back?

Hi all,

If I want to replace the back cover for a colored one will this void the warranty? Will Apple do this?

Thanks for any help

Yes, it voids the warranty. No, Apple won't do it.

But the 3GS is nearly 2 years old now. When did you get it? You only get a 12 month warranty.

Well then your warranty has nearly finished. After that, if something goes wrong you either pay to have it fixed or upgrade.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Also to add the replacement backs fit like arse, nothing but nightmares the sim trays don't sit right. Vie changed a couple for people and they always seem happy but they are horrid to swap inner over and they just dont feel well made anymore.

My misses cracked the back on her white iPhone so instead of fitting a non gen part we sold the phone and got about £20 under the going rate for a decent condition one and then brought a new iPhone for her instead. It worked out it cost us £35 to get her a mint white one again.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
As said above they are an arse to fit. I still have a 3G sat here with a broken earpiece connector on the logic board and the sim card holder doesn't fit in properly

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Well then your warranty has nearly finished. After that, if something goes wrong you either pay to have it fixed or upgrade.

following on from Revels, if you change the phone casing (in or out of warranty), Apple will NOT service your iPhone, if you have a problem with it, you will have to return it to its original state before you bring it in for a Genius appt.