ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replaceing tweaters

Milano Premier CTR
i am trying to replace my twetars but ive got stuck,
Ive got the tweater covers off but the tweater is connected some how, what do i need to do to get it out?

BMW 320d SE
iirc you'll need to remove the dash. A pain I know - I want to replace my tweeters too, but I'm far to lazy to start taking my 182 apart!

Clio 172mk2
the top part of dash can be took out and put back in in about 10 mins , its a piece of piss once u know how,

Milano Premier CTR
Im definetily not going to try and remove my dash again as it got last time it got stuck on the air bag and i was lucky that i got it back on.

172 cup TT
iirc, bear in mind i did it about 18 months ago, you can wedge them out with a flat head screwdriver.. i dont remember them being in there tightly or anything.. they have a small crossover/capicitor thingie on them but thats it... the awkward thing is making sure the new tweeters arent TOO deep so the sit slighlty higher and look stupid.. also a bit tricky feeding the wire down through the dash...

Clio 172mk2
Karlos69 said:
I'd love to know how you do that then! :)

practice :) i`ll admit first time i did it must have took me 30-40 mins as i thought the dash was caught on somet but it only need a good pull.

Now i can have it in and out in no time , gues it depends how much time u have to spend doing it as dropping screws down air vents could be a ass , but luckily ive been lucky and not droped any

K20 EG Hatch
you need to take the dash off if you wanna fit new components up front. I wouldn't even attempt changing them without removing the dash top!
I done this last weekend and it took me about 30 mins to get it off and the same to put back on, that was really taking my time and imo i done a top job :)

BMW 320d SE
Well I've seen some Pioneer direct replacement front speakers designed especially for renaults, which have the mid for the door, and the tweeter for the dash. I wonder if somebody could write a little "how-to" guide on how to remove the top of the dash, then I could get these and fit them! :D

172 Cup (2003)
Floodie said:
u dont "need" to... my cups testament to that

Sorry for the old thread bump, but i'm on Floodie's team... my front right tweeter wasn't working, turns out the cable was dangling behind the dash.

I took the dome off, and used a flathead driver with cloth wrapped around it to save the dash from damage, and managed to prize the tweeter out without dash removal.

5 minute job :)

Thanks for the inspiration floodie :)