ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replace instrument panel showing petrol, indicator lights etc?

2002 172
Ok so I am just seeing if this can be done/is worth doing?
I have some of the coating that covers the instrument panel coming away just below my EML. I thought it was black tape at first but after closer
inspection can now see it is the panel itself...

I realise this will involved taking apart the dash to remove the clocks but do not know if it is possible to buy this panel by itself? Contains indicator, petrol, EML, SERV, STOP lights
I planned to add a Handsfree phone kit, so will do this at the same time.

If I have to buy the whole panel including speed and rev counter, has anyone got a part number please?

Alternatively, can I replace using any instrument panel and just buy one second hand, or are these 172 ph2 specific?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

This is whats faded?

c524_renault_clio_petrol_1.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'd just replace then whole thing as you'll have to pull all your needles off to replace just the black bit and it can break them anyway.
Plenty of used panels on Facebook groups from breakers. The panel retains the mileage of whatever car it came off so make sure you get one that's nearish miles

2002 172
That's what I was worried about, the mileage. Would rather keep mine!

It seems to have a frame of some kind around it so maybe I can get a second hand one and Frankenstein the panel...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It's possible don't get me wrong. I've changed the silver trim bit for a painted one but didn't have to remove any needles for that

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've pulled a few sets of dials apart. You'd struggle to break the needles IMO. Just get an ordinary kitchen fork, tape over the dials so you don't scratch the surface, then slide the prongs in either side of the needle and push the handle down. Sometimes the caps come off the centre but they pop right back on anyway.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've pulled a few sets of dials apart. You'd struggle to break the needles IMO. Just get an ordinary kitchen fork, tape over the dials so you don't scratch the surface, then slide the prongs in either side of the needle and push the handle down. Sometimes the caps come off the centre but they pop right back on anyway.

Not breaking as in snapping, but i've seen people having problems with needles dropping weirdly etc after having them off and putting them back on. May aswell change the whole thing over and save opening it up

2002 172
I like the look of them. Are they expensive?
I'd imagine a lot more than buying a second clock and removing the fascia plate itself!
Aiming to keep my car completely standard too, other than lowering springs.
But cheers for the info ?