ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Repair/Break? Help pls

Golf Mk5 GTi
Hi all,

After some help/advice from you guys if possible. Unfortunately my Clio has taken a whack in the arse! As a result the boot lid, and rear bumper was damaged. This also has broken the rear nearside light and the boot flooring has also been creased :cry: i am guessing that to repair wouldnt be economically viable? If so i would look to sell as is for someone to break - can someone offer a guide to the kind of money that i could expect? (I know that i could make more breaking and selling myself but i do not really have the space or the time :( ) Car details are below:

2000 W Plate, ph1 in Titanium, just over 60,000 (Cam belt changed at 43,000) Have old MoTs since 2004 etc. Interior in very good condition bar a touch of wear on drivers seat (stearing wheel has usual 'melting'). All standard. 2 virtually new Hankook k107 tyres and 2 in good condition (one of the standard alloys is slightly buckled, others have a bit of kerbing damage but generally in good condition). In addition the front bumper has a scuff from someone reversing into it, this has also broken one of the clips however it is secured securely to the car.

Any other questions please let me know.

Cheers

View attachment 61027

600ish maybe if you're lucky.

Not going through insurance? Surely a bang to the rear means it's not your fault?

Black 172
I'd probably just fix the light to make it road legal again then keep driving it, but that's just me.

Maybe fix the light then stick it on eBay as a normal car (not spares or repairs) which has had a rear-end bump, and take photo's of the damage, someone after a bargain will buy it with a cracked bumper.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Breaking it isn't really an option if you don't have much space mate.... You'll just be left with a load of partsthat nobody wants and nowhere to put them. Selling it as is may be your only realistic option!

Otherwise, I'd say, fix it up to a mechanically sound leveland keep it as a track b**ch.

If your looking to sell it i may be interested to harvest for a hybrid mk1 project. Deffo sell as whole. Breaking cars is a ballache trust me i know.

Golf Mk5 GTi
If your looking to sell it i may be interested to harvest for a hybrid mk1 project. Deffo sell as whole. Breaking cars is a ballache trust me i know.

Prob about 90-95% that i'll sell it TBH, and if i do it will be as a whole. Drop me a pm with what sort of figure would get you interested and we can take from there. Cheers

Golf Mk5 GTi
Oh and cheers for everyones comments chaps. A track car would be nice, time, and financial, issues mean this is probably not an option right now :(

Golf Mk5 GTi
Going to see just how far away you are from me. In all likelyhood though you are quite some way away :-(

OK fella, depends where you are (and if i decide to sell!) but am potentially happy to meet somewhere or deliver if that helps at all.

inferno 182.
hi there!!
looking at the pic it aint to bad!!!
your going to need a new bumper by the looks of it an the tailgate can be repaired! looking athe gaps it looks like the florr could be straightened! think your cheapest option if you want to keep the car is find a second hand bumper and tailgate the same colour and a local bodyshop can dozer out the boot floor!!!