ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renlt 5 GT Turbo and its piping!

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Hi guys, Im trying to find out where pipes go on the renault 5 gt turbo engine. Pipes include inlet manifold piping, carb piping, and water pump piping. There is so much of it is rediculously confusing!
Can anybody help me, Ive identified oil breather, radiotor pipes, some water bottle pipes, but the rest confuses me, If some one has any pictures of their own engine and where pipes go, I would be much grateful.
The engine is the C1J model, Ive got a haynes manual but it doesnt really explain anything to be honest.
HELP! :banghead:

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
i found this picture but I cant figure out what part 20 is?
r5t_fuel.jpg

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Ill get pics in the moro when its light, but Ive found these picture (below) and dont know what part twenty is (top left) theres an edited version for better fuel distribution, but still cant figure it out.

r5t_fuel2.jpg

I don't know what part 20 is to be honest. The 5 I'm familiar with is a modified cup racer so most standard stuff has been binned and is now a very simple set up.

Post some pictures tomorrow and hopefully someone will point you in the right direction.

If you get really stuck pm matt@codered and ask him. He's very knowledgeable and knows these cars inside out.

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
I don't know what part 20 is to be honest. The 5 I'm familiar with is a modified cup racer so most standard stuff has been binned and is now a very simple set up.

Post some pictures tomorrow and hopefully someone will point you in the right direction.

If you get really stuck pm matt@codered and ask him. He's very knowledgeable and knows these cars inside out.

Ah thank you, will get some pictures, Im probably gunna bin most of the the unessacaries anyway

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Hi mate some pics,
Right side (fuel?)
478105_10200943438693331_417874793_o.jpg

Left side
919100_10200943436293271_1134309122_o.jpg

Back right pipe (vacuum?)? Left pipe accounted for
468217_10200943437333297_639612543_o.jpg

Ive figured out all the water pipes

Random connection reverse light?
468359_10200943435373248_1590872433_o.jpg

Let me get back to you on the fuel side of things.

The left side (picture two) bottom take off which comes out of the inlet manifold is a vacuum pipe to the aei unit and the top take off which comes out of the carb goes to the actuator.

Also on the left side in pic two the part of the carb which sticks out above the blue filter in the pic will also have a nipple on it and a piece of hose will need to be fitted and ran over the front of the engine and down to the sump. This is incase any fuel gets spat out and it keeps it away from the exhaust.

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Let me get back to you on the fuel side of things.

The left side (picture two) bottom take off which comes out of the inlet manifold is a vacuum pipe to the aei unit and the top take off which comes out of the carb goes to the actuator.

Also on the left side in pic two the part of the carb which sticks out above the blue filter in the pic will also have a nipple on it and a piece of hose will need to be fitted and ran over the front of the engine and down to the sump. This is incase any fuel gets spat out and it keeps it away from the exhaust.

In picture two that makes sense, so the larger take off is the the actuator and the smaller (grey)take off is a vacuum.
I thought i was missing an overflow of sorts.

I think the wiring in picture four could be thermostatic? Im probably wrong.

On the fuel side i uploaded diagrams of the fueling system and they are so confusing, it looks as if both right side outlets are fuel and theres an inline filter between them?

But still confused on the rear of the carb with the right pipe,the left is sorted amd connected but the right just seems completely random

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Hi giys trying to figure out whether or not i actually need to use the vacuum to th aei unit, as i dont have an aei unit with the vacuum port. How important is the vacuum piece?
Although on my clio it looks i have somesort of vacuum. But to be sure... Whats the below object?
922213_10200967428853070_1076618377_o.jpg

922283_10200967424612964_304367028_o.jpg

I know the importance of the aei, i just want to know whether i need the vacuum piece or not.

Renault 5 GT
Does anyone know what's the thread size of Breather pipe Part 17 please? I need to refresh the turbo elbow thread. Thanks for your help :)