ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renfort diff plate

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Morning all

Ordered a Renfort plate and new genuine circlip after Saturdays circlip saga at Croft

Does anybody know what pitch/thread size tap is required ? Also bolt size etc so i can order some 12.9s to suit. Just preparing in advance so when it lands i can get it straight on no messing.

Thanks in advance?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Any other tips regarding fitting ? Looks fairly straightforward. Will ram some tight fitting rags around the diff to stop swarf falling in.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Parts have arrived, just need to pop down the local fasteners for some 12.9 high tensile bolts tomorrow, get it stripped and hopefully wont find any nasties. Half expecting the box to be knackered with my luck lately.
20181025_204142.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Stripped down and ready to fit. Ballache to get in with a drill. Have borrowed a small drill see how that goes.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Job done. Bolts are countersunk M5x0.8 and 20mm long.

Not the worst job to do, hopefully permanent fix. Quite a bit of endfloat in the diff, spacer shim is fitted and same thickness as the snapped one. I checked a spare low mileage jb3 and it appears to have the same large endfloat so assuming crap tolerances from new?

20181029_151428.jpg
20181030_110451.jpg