ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport No. 6 - £1700 Arctic 182

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Follwing on from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...pgrade&highlight=planned+supercharger+upgrade

I collected this a couple of weeks ago after it had been stood neglected on someones drive for the past 6 months. The carbon bonnet was fcuked so i picked up the original bonnet and seats from gti6steve last week. I flogged the immaculate recaros as i don't find that that comfortable. Its now tip top following belts and dephaser at BTM and i'm looking forward to tracking it in the future.

Today i detailed it using the following products:

i4detailing snow foam
Chemical guys citruswash shampoo
IX and tardis everywhere
AF imperial wheel cleaner and sealed with mint rims
megs indurance tyre gel
AF tripple applied via DA on a orange LC pad
AF revive on all the plastics (not that impressed tbh)
Quick wax using optimum car wax

Pretty chuffed with my purchase i have to say - considering it cost less than £1700!

8483265562_bbb570061f_b.jpg

8483268556_6dfb3c0170_b.jpg

8483269338_78a10e1cc1_b.jpg

8482175221_1bde7e9345_b.jpg

8482172737_898308221f_b.jpg

8483270252_b2bbb431c1_b.jpg

8483272274_72e1163109_b.jpg

8482181269_336799a706_b.jpg

8482182043_22773e08ae_b.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£1700??

Did it come with the wheels/underbonnet dressings??

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, the only bits i've added are the new plates and the battery/strut covers.

Its got a really decent spec.

Bargain, with a Yozza too!

Interested as to why they're the Speedline Turini's rather than the originals though?

Just saw you said it had a carbon bonnet - was the guy who you bought it off bald?

Last edited:
steve bought the turini's of the net thats why they arent 172 cup turini's , you payed 2k for the car didnt you clart with the trendlines in ?? think the original guy sold it as he didnt want to spend the cash on having the belts done , they are due immently !! they were due when steve had it around a year ago i think , was a very tidy car though , yellowbelly detailed it 2-3 times when steve had it , it has a k tec remap on it as well , was stupidly tidy when steve had it , steve would only put the best bits on it when he had it , michelin tyre's , yozza , he must of spent £1000 on all the carbon bits

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah was £2k off ebay. Had the belts done by fred last week. I've got a cat for the yozza as its so loud on the motorway and i'm thinking of changing the upper engine mount for a standard as the vibrations are a bit annoying. Would never tell its done 97k - a real credit to Steve.

RS6 C7
If you ever sell the Yozza let me know ;)

Lovely car mate, Looks way more fresh than when I saw it a few days back, Amazing what a good clean can do.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Dan - your bits certainly tidy up the engine bay, the strut covers are really good quality. I might consider a straight swap for the rs192 on the trophy actually....

RS6 C7
Cheers Dan - your bits certainly tidy up the engine bay, the strut covers are really good quality. I might consider a straight swap for the rs192 on the trophy actually....
Cheers for the feedback on the strut covers, They are a nice fit too.

I'd be happy to put a bit towards the yozza too as they fetch more than the RS192.

Always fancied a yozza and it's not my daily so I can put up with the racket!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I keep checking this thread to make sure you're not winding us up. In fact, I've checked in about ten times since the thread started.

TTRS & V50
steve bought the turini's of the net thats why they arent 172 cup turini's , you payed 2k for the car didnt you clart with the trendlines in ?? think the original guy sold it as he didnt want to spend the cash on having the belts done , they are due immently !! they were due when steve had it around a year ago i think , was a very tidy car though , yellowbelly detailed it 2-3 times when steve had it , it has a k tec remap on it as well , was stupidly tidy when steve had it , steve would only put the best bits on it when he had it , michelin tyre's , yozza , he must of spent £1000 on all the carbon bits

Lol.

You don't need to put a space before a comma.. comedy paragraph.

Anyway good buy Steve, I mean Clart.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I keep checking this thread to make sure you're not winding us up. In fact, I've checked in about ten times since the thread started.

FLOL! mate its taken me a while to finally find one i'm happy with. I've had 4 in the past 8 months!

107 Track Car & C4
Love it, really nice. Wouldn't know it was that high mileage! What induction kit has it got and what's the shield like parts round it? Does that come with it?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The induction kit is a k&n 57i gen 2. I have no idea what it sounds like as the yozza is so loud. It has 2 airfeeds including one coming through the bottom of the surround, but i imagine it still gets warm in there. I've got a standard airbox that i'm going to put on so it'll be for sale soon.

Then engine bay was pretty tidy anyway but i used autosmart G101 APC and a valet pro brush whilst the engine was running anywhere i could see dirt, then just wipe off with a microfibre.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Absolute bargain mate. It's worth that all day long. Great buy!