ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault world series Yorkshire convoy on the sat/sun

None
Just wanted to see if there is any interest from you guys as to whether or not a convoy down to the renault world series on either the 18th/19th september is a possibility, it's basically straight down the M1 as per FCS convoy so we could pick people up from woodall, trowell and leicester forest east services before continuing down the M1 to junction 15a where you then take the A43 straight to silverstone circuit.

Maybe able to set off a little later than FCS too, we set off at 6:00 last year to RWS and got straight in at 8:30 with no queues, that was with no stops though, maybe a 5am start to pick people up along the way, we'll have to see about infield parking when it's been released but i'm sure we could all get on the infield parking area.

Also i would like to see peoples opinions on which day too, i think it's the same pretty much on the saturday and sunday, my only thinking was that if we did the saturday then we all get a nice lie in bed sunday to recover ;)
I got two hours sleep on the saturday before FCS and was up monday morning at 7am for work :dead:

This is a link to the website:
http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.fr/en/calendar/silverstone/Pages/Default.aspx

All i would say is this, i enjoyed the world series by renault at silverstone last year more than i did FCS this year.....it's a huge event and there is much more to see and do than FCS, i spent about 12 hours there last year on the sunday so it kept my attention all day (the weather helped) and of course other than your petrol it's free too :)

Tickets are here if you want them, they are free so just fill in and wait to receive them, i got mine through the post last week :), and a spare for anyone wanting to go last minute too....
http://www.renault.co.uk/worldseries/

This is just an idea's thread so if there is enough interest built up then i'll start a more specific time thread for the convoy nearer the time.

Cheers guys
Ste

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure CS were talking about getting a stand for this?

If they do i'll go whichever day they plan to have it :)

Golf GTD Mk7
I'm sure CS were talking about getting a stand for this?

If they do i'll go whichever day they plan to have it :)

It's a great weekend mate, pop down for a bit of camping, watch the racing, get a weeeeeeeeeee bit tipsy :D. Been for the past 3 now and it's a great laugh. Roll on September :cool:

None
Would be even better if CS had a stand for this, last year i just saw a line of about 10 clio's on the infield.......i remember thinking that i wished i could have driven through the gates and avoided the the line of people trying to get in :)

None
think thats the weekend i go back to uni! :(

Yeah i would imagine that will be so for a few others too Chris....don't know why they changed the date so much from last year :(

FCS was on the last day of my 2 week holiday! and this will be on the last day of my one week August bank holiday too!......i wish they had both been on the first and not the last day i had off :dapprove:

RB 182 cup
Ive just ordered my 2 free tickets, id prefer saturday so that im not knackered for when i get up at 5am monday!!

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
I'm happy to convoy down on either day (i've booked the monday after this off at work due to sleeping in on the monday after FCS)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm happy to convoy down on either day (i've booked the monday after this off at work due to sleeping in on the monday after FCS)

Lol, lightweight, i went into work a couple of hours early on the Monday after FCS :rasp:

None
I hope everyone realises that this event will be two weeks after Trax :).........two trips down to silverstone in the space of two weeks :cool:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Me too, i'd love some rolling pics of it! Me, dave and markblack were a bit unorganised to be honest!

182 Trophy
i'm in again, i'll drive down to woodal with daj again
convoy was megga for fcs, lets hope we get better weather for this :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm paying 51 notes for two pitches for sat/sun nights. Cheap as chips mate

Right, cheers mate.

Need to see if my mate who has gear wants to come with us, got 4 tickets anyway. I have never camped before but should be fun :eek:

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
I can only make it for the saturday as I think i'm workin on sunday. is the convoy still going ahead for saturday morning?

Golf GTD Mk7
they usually have the infield parking stuff out by now. Not heard anything as yet though. £10 for it, plus you get 5 free tickets too.

None
When is the convoy thread going up?

Thought i might wait till after trax to see how that goes time wise with the stops to pick people up along the way at different services but we can get a list going to get an idea of numbers.

These are the pick up places and times along the way to trax so we'll start with this and see if it needs altering after trax, these times might be too early though for WSR with regards to the infield parking.

Woodall J30-31: 5:30

Ste666

Trowell J25-26: 6:10

Leicester Forest East J21-22: 6:45

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Will be too early i reckon ste, only reason trax is when it is is because last year we ended up queing for over an hour to get into silverstone it was so busy!

None
I reckon so too, not fully sure yet when the earliest infield parking is allowed but we can change it depending on the time it takes to trax and the infield parking time for WSR

Don't even know for sure if i'm on the infield stand or not yet :S

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
I'm off down on the saturday morning! I guess it opens up at 8?

Renault Collectors​
:
Participants must arrive between 08:15 and 09:30. Vehicles in the Collectors’ area should not leave until the end of
the exhibition at 18:00.

Public Visitors: Free access from 08:00.