ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renault Sport Gordini Announced.

thoughts?

• I like it

Votes: 182 38.5%
  • meh

Votes: 156 33.0%
  • i don't like it.

Votes: 135 28.5%

• Total voters

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
just getting old mate tbh. there'll be some charver creaming his topman underwear over that.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
plus for me blue and black just don't go either. just clashes imo. maybe i am colour blind but i think blue on black is rank.

i just dispair at the seemingly abuse of ''heritage''... if you are going to use a name like that with the history it has:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordini

not exactly that of legends, but still has heritage to the name.

then don't do some pikey edition that imo just makes a mockery of what it used to be about...

For example, a 172 cup has a lot more heritage now imo to it than these s**tbox slags with the twingo and 200 gordini monsters renault are doing... the cup was done to make a true lightweight hot hatch wiht thinner glass etc. i test drove one and it was ACE! never driven a trophy but with the trick suspension etc you could argue the same.

these new ''editions'' (LOL) just have no soul and reek of using a name just to try and sell cars off it when there should be some actual engineering going into it.

:`/

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thats grim tbf Notice the 197 Raider alloys have made a comeback.

At what market is this aimed at? Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder? Who?

Never above 25mpg
Looks good. Play on the Gordini name but I like the look of it. Much better than a standard 200.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You looking at the same pics as me?! LOL

I don't mind the interior, but exterior is grim!

Honestly...do the designers / marketing people at Renault, not listen to what people are saying??? The 200 looks sh*te (IMO)...why not just go back to the drawing board, start again and do the job right.

Don't think some blue paint with white stripes, a belt across the front grill and some mixed up design of wheels is gonna cut it!

Opportunity missed to do something special I think!

SG9 Forester STi
Thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and wait til I saw one, then saw those photos...why's it so bland? And that steering wheel, have a word.

Shame its used with the gordini name as the original is awesome.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Gordini (for me) would be light weight RB with stripes, black Speedlines Cup chassis. Recaro's, numbered plaque, done. No spangly stuff dripping off it

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Looks like a chavved 200, I see no reason to buy a named special edition that is anything but special :(

More poke than viagr
its not too bad, coilovers and some better white wheels and i think it'd look good

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Chav ;)

Now sell me that Trophy, i've now decided i like them.

PS 200
renault_geneva_2.jpg

slightly better from this angle

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols at the glitzy lights trying to help it look good.

SRS, what has Renaultsport become? It was always about tasteful, muscular, alternative performance cars with no frills. Then they gave the 197 a gimp mask and fake tailpipes. Now we have this glitzy bulls**t with a steering wheel wearing bandaids, and wheels that will corrode within 24 months (promised).

I know that sales are more important, but I reckon this s**t will appeal to even less buyers. Someone at Renaultsport wants sacking off. More to the point, I get the impression that they have little or no say in anything anymore, and that some sales prick in the main division is controlling the RS product development.

The ethos of Renaultsport is being slowly destroyed.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its a crying shame tbh, as beneath it all, its properly sorted.

SRS, what has Renaultsport become? It was always about tasteful, muscular, alternative performance cars with no frills. Then they gave the 197 a gimp mask and fake tailpipes. Now we have this glitzy bulls**t with a steering wheel wearing bandaids, and wheels that will corrode within 24 months (promised).

I know that sales are more important, but I reckon this s**t will appeal to even less buyers. Someone at Renaultsport wants sacking off. More to the point, I get the impression that they have little or no say in anything anymore, and that some sales prick in the main division is controlling the RS product development.

Renault UK pass this to HO in France please, seconded.

regards, a disappointed and upset RS enthusiast

Clio 182ff
its not too bad, coilovers and some better white wheels and i think it'd look good

The wheels soooo need to be white! - all the other accent pieces are, why not the wheels???

the only thing I hate on the 200 is that strange headlight shape, at the bottom half it looks like the designer's hand has slipped lol Although I can see he/she was trying to follow the lines of the F1 grill thingy and just failed.

btw - the steering wheel is a pap after-thought...

BG 182 FF
meh, looks better, slightly, in the photos above. Would just rather buy a 200 will cost less than the Gordini and look a hundred times better

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)

they have a new director and head designer, Dutch guy, laurens van den acker... He's calling the shots not a group of salesmen.

GTD, Lupo
Not a fan either. Was just reading a car mag and it had a big feature about Renault Sport and i was wondering what the new gordini would look like and its nothing like i imagined.

The feature mentioned that Renault has a new designer and he has come over from Mazda i think.

Its a shame as i was a little worried they might have made the 200 look a little nicer from the front and i would have wanted to trade in my uglier 200.

Gorms