ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Sauck

Please culd one of you guys fowar this to Reanult Uk or the Head office of renault...

I had my Clio towed in to Renault Sandton on Monday (22/01/07) at about 10:30, the day before the car refused to start. I booked it in with the service advisor Kazs, and waited for someone to call me and let me know what is going on.

I left 2 messages for the chap I spoke to (on Tuesday), no response...I call him Tuesday and he tells me its the starter and the car will be ready in 2-3 days ....they are getting a starter from Europe.

It would be nice if the SERVICE ADVISOR had called me to ADVISE me that my car would be out of action for a week. (No courtesy car was offered for my inconvenience)

I fetched the Clio at 5:15pm yesterday( I had to phone in 3 times yesterday to find out what time it would be ready), drive to Fredman drive, less than 5km and she switches off again and wont start!!!

I phoned Renault Sandton, who first tried to put me through to Kazs, then Helen, and finally to Peter who said he cant help me I need to phone in again and speak to Kazs. Remember I was stuck the middle of the road in peak hour traffic.

I had my car towed there last night, parked in there parking lot and gave the keys to there Security guard. You would think I got a call this morning, but no they didn’t bother.

I had to call them at 9am, and they tell me they will check and let me know. How does the service advisor now know that it is not the same fault it was brought in for that they apparently fixed? I brought the car in because it wasn’t starting, and it’s now still not starting!!!!!!!!!!What exactly was done in 4days????

Renaults new advertising campaign is misleading.

They tell you parts are readily available?? My starter had to be imported from EUROPE!
They promise you a courtesy car if there is a delay? My car was in for 4 days and I was never offered one, now it’s in again at them, and I don’t know for how long, but still no mention of a courtesy car.

Would Renault South Africa care to respond? I have left now 2 messages for the Service manager to call me, but he hasn’t as yet......What do I do now?

I refuse to pay for any repairs that are now carried out as the repair work done on my car was obviously sub-standard. I would like to inspect my old starter to verify that was the problem initially, as I don’t believe it was. It is doing the same thing now that it was when I initially brought the car in. I want a courtesy vehicle to be provided to myself if these repairs take longer than a day. AND I WOULD LIKE SOME FEEDBACK ,WITHOUT ME HAVING TO PHONE THEM!!

Please see the attached links to the hello peter site and to the Renault Sport forum of SA.

http://www.hellopeter.com/the_comment.asp?recid=59460

http://www.hellopeter.com/the_comment.asp?recid=59545

http://renaultsport.myfastforum.org/about337.html

my email zahid@pegasusfs.net.

Fowarding anything on to Renault UK wont make any difference. They are seperate entities and have no involvement in your problem. Your dealer will answer to Renault SA who in turn will answer to Renault in France. If you are getting no joy from Renault SA then you'll have to speak to France I'm afraid.

133/225/CLS AMG
Sorry to hear about the bad luck with your dealership.

Sounds like how my local place used to run!! Somehow they turned it around whereby they now text updates and call regularly.

Hope you get some joy from the head office though.