ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Recall notice

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Got one of these through the post the other day regarding the bonnet catch on my ph1. The long and short if it says that if not properly maintained the catch could fail and the bonnet to flip up. Not ideal it is to be said, but is it realy worth taking it down to Renault and just for them to say yeah its fine that will be £50 for example? Whats your opoinions on here, and has anyone else had one of these letters?

n/a
its free i have done both my 172s from the main dealer just ring your nearest dealer to confirm its free

Seat Ibiza
If its a recall it will be free mate!
And i remember this on the news a while back mate...they did use to do it, and Renault tried to say it was lack of lubricant at sevices but it happened too many times, so they sent out recall notices, i think on alot of cars they renew the whole bonnet catch mech...!

Dan

EDIT: Beaten too it!

Seat Ibiza
What age is your clio?
Is there a way of finding out if its been done? Mine is a 172 on a 04 plate...

Its not a new thing and has been covered many times before on the forum and on the news i.e. Watchdog etc.

As said take it to Renault and they will replace the catch if needed then probably tell you that there is about £300 worth of faults with your car ;)

Search, it's been covered 3 billion times.

Anyway, it's free, if it's rusted they'll replace it, only way to find out if it's previously been done is to go to a Renault dealer and ask. Simple as that.

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Its not a new thing and has been covered many times before on the forum and on the news i.e. Watchdog etc.

As said take it to Renault and they will replace the catch if needed then probably tell you that there is about £300 worth of faults with your car ;)
LOL its news to me never seen this on the news or anything. If its free i gess its worth a trip down to Aylesbury Renault.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mines been done but its rusty as hell and they wont replace it so im just waiting for it to fly open..

kc7

182 FF and XC90 Exec
My 182 was also checked and replaced for free 2 weeks ago. I phoned the nearest dealer and asked if it had been done and they were able to check there and then :).

Keith

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
it will be free and you should get it done, there have been several people hit by their bonnet!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Apparently it's as easy as lubing the s**t out of the catch with bronze grease? (correct me if I'm wrong it was a while ago) I took my old dci for a service at my mates garage and they lubed it up for me. Its easy enough for DIY like

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Booked mine in for 6th May.

Going to clean and grease it this weekend though, not sure if it was done on my last service!

Shhh
Did mine myself, far far easier.

Brake cleaner and a tooth brush to clean the catch, then come nice copper grease on ya finger worked into the area and onto the catch whilst operating the lever and job done..

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Mine failed at 70 on the motorway, ironically enough got the recall letter a week later... Got my PH2 checked the day i purchased it over the counter, they told me when it was done and where.

14745126250383721810683.jpg

14745126250387721910683.jpg

When i asked how much to replace out of the recall notice I believe she said somewhere in the region of £70-£90 (If memory serves correctly)