ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault poor service (again)

307 hdi (powered by derv)

A few weeks ago my car wouldnt start. I put the battery on charge as I thought it was this. Came back to it later on and it started.

A week after that I went out to the car and nothing at all, so I called the aa. He put his leads on but wouldnt start so we decided it was the starter. Mr AA took the starter motor off and tested it. The result was - The cog wasnt pushing out and spinning.

Me and the AA went down to the dealer I brought the car from under warrenty (Walkers of Stourbridge). AA asked for a new starter so he could repair my car. They wouldnt let him coz only they could touch the car.

Therfor after arguements between all parties they kept the car overnight to test and fix. They gave me a cortesy car after I demanded one. I picked it up the next day to here We tested it several times Sir and it was fine, so we have left the old one on:mad:. If it happens again bring it down and we will put a new starter on without fuss.

Now to the crunch. I was in the middle of Scotland last weekend, 315 miles from home and it wouldnt start. Luckerly I was able to bump it.

Just been to renault and the earliest they can do it is wednesday. I asked if they could do it while I wait and they said they cant do a job like that while i wait. (WTF- its 2 bolts and 2 connectors). I asked for a cortesy car only to be told it is 3 week wait which is better than the 6 week wait it used to be. Strange they managed to give me one straight away a fortnight previous.

Renault really need to book there ideas up.

Anyway, rant over.

Shaw

[Edited by clioman on 20 June 2005 at 4:40pm]

307 hdi (powered by derv)

Just got back from devon and half way back the front started clunking. Im dreading going to renault to be treated crap again.
I am really going off this car.

BMW 328 Ci

Fill in a Top Gear Survey, its one of the few ways the public can actually stick it to the manufactures and make them realise things like this are not acceptable. I think renaults were nearly all in the bottom 10 last year. The clio was in about 70th (out of 142) if IRC.