ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Petition/Complaints

GR7

Shiny red R32

Chavy has a lot of spare time on his hands today so could set this in motion!!

Mr2 Roadster

Im sooo busy, have a big project on at the mo but could have a look at contacting them this arvo if no one else does?

<A target=_blank href= "mailto:Utop.gear@bbc.co.uk">top.gear@bbc.co.uk

Someone could send an outline of what we want to do, explain we are from a club but not use the club name! Im sure if we promise them 100 clios they will be well up for it, and we can all race the stig!

The Jinx

But this does not show any signs of approachability towards Renault about the problems. If we wrote to Renault and they showed no interest, THEN we should go to places like TG.

Mr2 Roadster

We have all tried Renault individually, do we now try again as a group or just contact TG and shame them in as many words?

The Jinx

Well if everyone else is happy with this alternative route then go for it. Ill go along. If we know theyre interested then itd be no trouble at all getting a swarm of people together.

Could we advertise in the local dealerships do you reckon?;)

Mr2 Roadster

LoL ... Yer baby... Anyway, we should head back on topic Rob!!!

Right how, should we do it then. We need to work out what we would write to TG and agree it between those o us that wish to organise it (and everyone else who wants to have an opinion). Then we need to nominate someone to send it and be the main contact for it!

Any ideas what to write to them anyone

Dear Mr Clarkson,

You!
(I wanna take you to a gay bar,
I wanna take you to a gay bar,
I wanna take you to a gay bar,
gay bar, gay bar.)

Please feature us on Top Gear otherwise we will dress up (see pic enclosed) and raid your show.

Now tell me, do ya, a do ya have any money?
I wanna spend all your money,
at the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar.

Thankyou

- Cliosport

Mr2 Roadster

Agreed... (just a coment, it may be too formal, should we include a little humour to help things along???)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

If you sucessfully approach TG and they run an article on poor build quality, youll effectively be devaluing all our cars, because youll drop a lot of demand.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Did you all fill in the JD power survey (I did). Thats a good way of getting your point across as well, because it can be compared with other dealers/manufacturers. I know some Renault dealers are useless - but I had far worse service from my old Ford dealer, and even worse from Nissan. I think generally, most car dealers need to get their act sorted - else people will go to independent garages.

Mr2 Roadster

Renault just rub me up the wrong way! They ordered me in a part which they mis-ordered and told me I had to pay for it, when I refused they told me they were going to debit it from my card as they had the details... So I had to pay for it and it was no good. Paid them for something that was no good and then had to go and get what I needed elsewhere. Wheres there any customer service in that!?!?!

I have said this before, but having looked after the company car fleet at work most of the manufacturers are far from perfect. We have a £70k 7 series BMW that in the first 6 months of ownership has been in the garage about 5 times - and the service they give is not brilliant all the time either - they turned up with the intention of towing it through London - the guy who turned up didnt even know how to make it towable - the electronics were the problem and you couldnt get it out of park!!!

I have done more miles in my 172 than most others around, and have had no real problems - yeah there are some rattles etc., and when I have had problems, certainly where they were warranty issues, the dealerships (yes, more than one) I have dealt with have been fine - maybe not perfect, but as I said above you will go a very long way to find perfect dealers for any manufacturer.

I am not saying there arent issues here - just that I havent encountered any with Renault that are worse than you would find with any other manufacturer, and included in that statement is Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Alfa, Saab, Vauxhall.

172 Cup

I dont think the general concensus is that Renault are far worse than any other manufacturer but it doesnt mean that this excludes them from providing adequate customer care to their customers.

As we are all Renault owners we except that other manufacturers have problems too but this is of little interest to ourselves.

I beleive we should approach Renault Uk with some choice questions, not a list of problems or examples but a carefully drafted letter consisting of a few choice question relating to owners concerns. We need them to appreciate that we are all prospective future purchasers and respect us for that.

I am more than happy to draft such a letter if people want to compile a list of questions they would like to see answered.

My gripe is with build quality not my dealer so I would be happy to sign the petition providing it differentiates between dealer problems, build quality issues or both.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by billabong on 10 July 2003

My parents have had their 02 Corsa for over a year now, and they have had no problems with it whatsoever, and if you look at the most recent JD power survey you would see the service BMW and some of the other more expensive manufactures didnt do that much better than Renault considering the difference in price! Im not disputing what your saying but if everyone took your attitude then we would all put up with poor quality cars. And just to add to your bit about the more expensive cars, why was the Toyota Yaris voted as one of the best quality cars with the best dealer service in the survey. Thats not more expensive than the Clio yet Toyota can manage high quality?! Sorry but £9000 is not cheap in my opinion ok its not as expensive as other cars but to most people thats still an awful lot of money, after spending that much why should I adopt the attitude of "its a Renault" or "you get what you pay for" I dont care what it is it should not have so many problems!!!

Sorry rant over but it really annoys me when people say things like that
And I have had 4 Renaults, 3 of which have been Clios and I have never had a problem whatsoever either.

Skoda Fabia vRS

COULD I MAKE A SUGGESTION ON THIS

IN MY OPINION YOU REALLY NEED A HEAVILY SIGNED PROFESSIONAL DOCUMENT TO PRESENT TO RENAULT CUSTOMER SERVICE, NOW OBVIOUSLY YOU CANT POST IT AROUND TO EVERY MEMBER WANTING TO SIGN

HOWEVER, YOU CAN POST IT TO ALL THE AREA REPS AND IT CAN BE SIGNED AT THE AREA MEETINGS....

S2000

But if the area reps havent had any problems they arent going to sign it are they. And this isnt a "Cliosport" petition so the area reps have no authority as such to sign it on behalf of anyone else.

mike8579 - if you want to do this, then I think you need to have a thread (if possible and Jas et al are happy) stickyd at the top of the forum for a couple of weeks. It just needs an email address for people to email their comments, names and address to. Bung this info on a spreadsheet along with the email address and send it off to Renault Customer Services, or even better try and find a Renault fat cat type to send it on to. No need to mention Cliosport.net at all. It would just be a list of Renault owners who are dis-satisfied with various Renault products and services.

Rhys

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Slugger on 11 July 2003

But if the area reps havent had any problems they arent going to sign it are they. And this isnt a "Cliosport" petition so the area reps have no authority as such to sign it on behalf of anyone else.
what i meant is that the area reps can offer it to the members at the meets and whoever wishes to sign it does so, and then the area rep posts it on to the next area rep until all the areas are covered

320d M Sport

lets just torch every feckin reno in the UK......... after theyve given me a new Blue V6.

They badly need a wake up call.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

mike, type in the post and ill give it a checkover then sticky it

The Jinx

When creating a hotmail account it asks for your first and last names. Should I put my own, or could I use something else?

If I can use anything else, any suggestions?

172 Cup

Will PM Jas the email details and make sure he is happy with them.

mailto:renault.complaints@indigo">