ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Megane RS Formula 1

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Renault_Megane_RS_F1_Edition_03.jpg

Renault_Megane_RS_F1_Edition_01.jpg

To celebrate Renault this year but less than 35 years in Formula 1 they have 4 very special copies of the Megane RS developed. Each team currently uses Renault engines has its own edition received.

And so it can happen that we finally see a street car from Renault where the name Williams to read, unfortunately missing is the gold wheels this time. The cars that are made ​​with the livery of Red Bull Racing , Caterham F1 Team Williams F1 Team Lotus F1 team will not be sold. They will by Renault Sport Technologies used during the season during the season with promotional efforts for the brand.

A pity really, because it looks pretty good ie. I venture to say that there would pretty enthusiasm for these colors as they were just for sale.

Incidentally, the new F1 season starts again in 2 weeks and during the tests in the winter, Lotus F1 Team so far the fastest.

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Odd that they are promoting other teams! Gives some members ideas for some Le Mans stickers i guess...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
9 years behind the FRS le Mans specials I see. They are proper fugly looking decals maybe apart from the Black and Gold.

Ph2 Clio 172
Odd that they are promoting other teams! Gives some members ideas for some Le Mans stickers i guess...

Renault don't have a team in F1 any more. They haven't for a few years now. They are soley an engine supplier to the 4 teams (although interestingly the Renault engines in the Red Bull's are branded as Infiniti).

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Which bit?

Weeeeeeell oooookk it is true(!) but not strictly renamed as Infiniti - they still have Renault branding on the car which justifies why they've stickered up the Megs.

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah, Renault part own Nissan and have struck a deal where the Red Bulls run with Infiniti branding in exchange for free engines (for 2011 at least, this year I think the deal is worth more money than just the engine costs of 8m Euros). Its the exact same engine though, and as you say still have Renault in the team name and on the car.

Still doesn't change the fact those Megans are horrid looking :p