ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clip

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Does anyone own a Renault Clip ?

Been given the chance to buy one for £150 with V107, Would it be worth having ?

Package includes :

- CAN Clip Interface
- 2 cables for CAN Clip <-> Car connection
- 1 cable for CAN Clip <-> PC connection
- 1 software CD (CLIP v107, can be installed on ANY PC (running windows xp and Vista)

2hx7j2w.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
very cheap. Clip machines are in excess of 3k.

Be very careful with it though, you can very easily f**k up your ecu if you don't know what you are doing.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The guy im buying it from is a trader on another site.

He sells Vauxhall / VAG & French Diagnostic Units and this one has came up.

I would not be messing about and doing stuff i dont know but on the upside the garage i work in has 5 Ex Renault RTE's who are now VAG Master Techs so i guess they can show me whats what

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
There's quite a few of these on eBay, I assume there the cheap Chinese copies but do they do the same job as the 'proper' clip?

Impreza Wagon
Speak to Jonny1*2, he was selling one recently for £1500 I'm pretty sure he used it himself. I can't imagine it's a genuine Renault one for £150!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
This is a genuine Renault one that was borrowed out a dealer last year.
I have seen the Chinese copies on ebay and things, The guy im buying it from got it from his mate who worked at a renault dealer that was closing so alot of bits went walking.

Its no use to the guy as he does not have a Renault

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

Yeah it looks siilar cause they all look the same and are the same.
I could google 100 pics of the renault clip and i bet they would all look exact.

I'd still be suprised if he was letting it go for so little money if it's genuine. Heres Jonny1*2's for sale thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...enault-Clip-£1500-OVNO&highlight=renault+clip

Yeah i seen that but the guy got this for nothing so if he is making £150 from it then so be it.
He has assured me 100% this came out of a reanult dealer when it was closing down as alot of the staff had sticky fingers and this was one of the things his mate took and gave him.

Impreza Wagon
Yeah it looks siilar cause they all look the same and are the same.
I could google 100 pics of the renault clip and i bet they would all look exact.

Yeah i seen that but the guy got this for nothing so if he is making £150 from it then so be it.
He has assured me 100% this came out of a reanult dealer when it was closing down as alot of the staff had sticky fingers and this was one of the things his mate took and gave him.

I'd go for it then! If it's the real deal you can always sell it on for a big profit :)

Golf GTD Mk7
That's the multiplexer unit mate. Is that supposed to plug directly into the car, via the unit, then into the laptop? I'd be careful if it is a cheap chinese one. There are lots around on ebay. Just FYI really. I could be wrong, but i'm sure it needs something else to connect it between the multiplexer and the computer.

ps. Thanks for the plug Matt ;)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
When i get it next week i will be taking up to my mates in the renault garage and the 5 ex RTEs than now work in my garage will be able to tell me also.

I showed one today and he deff thinks its the real deal.

As i say i have been told by the seller that its 100% from a renault retailer that closed and everything went walkies

Golf GTD Mk7
When i get it next week i will be taking up to my mates in the renault garage and the 5 ex RTEs than now work in my garage will be able to tell me also.

I showed one today and he deff thinks its the real deal.

As i say i have been told by the seller that its 100% from a renault retailer that closed and everything went walkies

Where did they get the disc from out of interest. Dealers aren't supplied with them.

BMW M135i
Thats definetly all you need, chinese clone or not just realise what you're getting yourself in for and you'll be fine with it.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Where did they get the disc from out of interest. Dealers aren't supplied with them.

Once again been told all this came from the dealers.
Thats all i know and if i do find out it is not a "REAL" clip i can ebay it for sell it on but i can only go by what i have been told

V70 d5 beast
just wondering is there anything wrong with the chinese clone ones? or has anyone bought one and tried them?

Golf GTD Mk7
just wondering is there anything wrong with the chinese clone ones? or has anyone bought one and tried them?

Try them and find out ;) There was quite a lot of issues with them messing up ECUs iirc. I'd personally not want to take the risk.