ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio MK 2 Air Bag Light Mystery?

Clio Campus Sport
I have owned a Renault Clio Campus Sport MK2 for nearly a year and have had no problems mechanically with, however have had an ongoing problem with the airbag light along with the service light coming up on the dash. It doesn't stay on permanently and sometimes goes a week without actually coming on. I have found that it comes on and stays for the rest of the journey if I go over a speed bump or brake harshly and goes off when I stop and leave the car overnight. I have tried messing with the connector under the seat but it hasn't done anything. Reading online, people have said to cut the connector and solder the wires but I don't feel comfortable with doing that. The only other thing I have read about is the airbag ECU but not sure how to check if that is what it is?

Clio 182 2005
Just had mine do a similar thing, Came on then went out during the same drive - I would look at the seat connectors first the passenger side on mine have been recrimped. so that will be my first thing to look at.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Underseat connections are a very common cause of the airbag light coming on, as is corrosion to the side impact sensors due to water ingress around the door seal.

My advice if you're not too confident would be to find someone local who can properly diagnose the fault and go from there, there are some very well recommended dealers/traders on here depending on whereabouts you are?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
One on each sill under front seat, at roughly halfway point of the seat, held in with 2 10mm bolts