ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault AA assistance right con!!!!!!!!!!

The other day i was checking my tyre pressure at my local garage when i came into a bit of a problem with my front right tyre rather than pump up it decided to keep deflating.

I tried the other tyres again to see if there was something wrong with the pump but all was fine.

I sat there for a while F in and cursing coz i had a flat tyre and the machine refused to work when i kept trying it, also tried the flat tyre only option coz that was the only way i could get air to come out of the machine on that wheel, and all that kept doing was pumping air in the tyre would inflate a little then instantly de-flate...

As you can imagine i was feeling pretty pissed, i thought there must be a problem with the valve or something so i decided to give the Renault assistance a call.

they wouldnt come out to me unless i paid a call out fee of £95 but if i wanted i could upgrade my cover for 1 year for a small fee of £50 so that it would cover me for tyres......WTF"!!!!!!

The woman on the phone kept going on about using the spare wheel i told her i aint got one, she then told me to use the tyre inflate to which i replied NO! and explained why....... she then told me that the delear should have told me about this when i got the car which he never did.....

I basically ended that call very very annoyed called the AA out on my own cover he came fixed the problem, i told him about what had happened and he couldnt believe it.

This happened to anyone else? I still have not taken this up with the delear but will do soon........

Rob.

The AA, unless you pay for the full whack, wont come out to people free if you aint got a spare tyre..

I was told it was full cover when i bought the car, if that model doesnt come with a spare anyway surely i should be covered for what i have been given and if it turned out to be a faulty valve then surely they cant expect me to spray that stuff in there as it would work see what i mean?....

320d M Sport

same thing happened to me in january.

i went down a pothole and blew 1 tyre, put the spare on and same thing happened the very next day further down the road!

Called AA and they refused to come out and the stoopid b**ch kept sayin put the spare on.

dumb b**ch.

i ended up leavin the car there for the night, gettin spare 172 wheels (off mates etc) and go back the next night, bring car home, take mates wheels off, get new wheels/tyres and hey presto, fixed!!

Quote: Originally posted by rwaterman on 03 June 2004

The other day i was checking my tyre pressure at my local garage when i came into a bit of a problem with my front right tyre rather than pump up it decided to keep deflating.

this happens to me bloody machines are crap, some bloke behind me in a ren 19 was laughing at me coz thought i couldnt work it (bloddy nob) i moved over let him have it, and he half deflated his trye, coz he wasnt paying attention.

It says on my handbook (car registered in May) that the AA did not cover RTAs, punctures, or misfire due to low or poor petrol! Looks like its warranty only!

Think I may need the RTA bit, so may upgrade very soon!!

What a time to find out! Bear in mind that, amazingly, there are people out there who know absolutely diddly squat about cars - so to make sure the simple stuff isnt missed, she/hell assume youre thick!

Huw

Had a problem in my Cup where I had a puncture - used both cans of foam to no avail - so phoned Renault Assist.

Was told off for not having a spare and told I would have to pay by the evidently very knowledgeable filly on the other end of the line !! :sick:- and eventually managed to get her to speak to someone in technical or the common sense department and they gave the go ahead for a recovery truck to take me and the beast home - thus saving me the cost of an overly expensive tyre and a call out fee!!! :cool:

Lack of communication / and out dated systems seem to blight the entire motor industry - get used to it, or get a bike!!!

Thats why I am getting "AA Relay" £85 because My Clio V6 255 doesnt even come with a spare wheel :( just some foam filler repair stuff.

I emailed them about it and they say that "Replay" does cover flat tyres.

Simon.

dk

911 GTS Cab

all you have to do is upgrade your renault cover for £50 for 3 years inclusive and it covers you for tyres then and petrol etc.... Much better value

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 03 June 2004

all you have to do is upgrade your renault cover for £50 for 3 years inclusive and it covers you for tyres then and petrol etc.... Much better value

Can you get cover for the price of a new tyre too??

I was looking at some prices for the rear tyres (245x40x18 Z) and the best price I saw as £200 each ...hope I dont get any blowouts :)

Simon.

[Edited by shmall on 03 June 2004 at 10:18pm]

Im sure the woman on the other end told me it was £50 for only a years cover?????

So what else exactly does my cover NOT include?.......

Rob.

For cars registered after 1 March the cover doesnt include lack of fuel or mis-fueling, lost/damaged keys, punctured tyres, accident damage. The cover can be upgraded to include this lot for £50 for 3 years

Thanks Jeremy, probably worth me doing then im still annoyed that my dealer told me i had full cover i distintively asked him aswell....

The AA man said i should chase this up probably not worth my while now not like he (dealer) would upgrade it for free if i went back and had a moan?? or would he???..........:devilish:

He should have brought this to my attention when i asked..............

Ill shut up now.

Ford Fiesta

best thing to do is do what Im doing and pay the £50 upgrade before you pick the car up which covers you the full 3 year warranty for all things like flats etc.

If you waited a year then paid the £50 it would still only take it up to the end of the 3 year warranty so you are best paying for it straight away.

£50 three year upgrade.

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 04 June 2004

For cars registered after 1 March the cover doesnt include lack of fuel or mis-fueling, lost/damaged keys, punctured tyres, accident damage. The cover can be upgraded to include this lot for £50 for 3 years

Good to know im covered, cheers for the info.