ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT turbo race car

Renault 5 gt turbo
Extending exhaust and fitting injectors to manifold
IMG_2592.JPG

Renault 5 gt turbo
What size feed pipe are you using into the 044? It looks like -6 or -8? Either of those sizes are a bit on the small side and you risk the 044 pumping more than can be supplied. I speak from experience mate.

Thanks for the heads up, Its -6.
Tell me more about your experience please.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for the heads up, Its -6.
Tell me more about your experience please.
You want -10 or -12 mate. The 044's flow so much fuel -6 just isn't enough. For my setup I'd got a high flow pump acting as a lift pump and the 044 after the swirl pot. The pump became noisy and hot after time. The reason for this was that it was flowing more fuel than -6 supplied so it was being starved of fuel. Put it on a larger bore feed and no more noisy or hot pump. The 044 will quite happily die if you run it dry as well btw.

172 Ph1
Is there a time table or anything to say when your Tricolore agenda is taking place ?
Also lovely looking motor , I had a lot of messing about on these back in the day -kinda seeing this brings back a few memories for me . [emoji2]
Awesome job on the paint and bay by the way . Engine looks very nice .
What power are you expecting ?
Are you having it dyno'd at any point ?

Renault 5 gt turbo
Thanks for the comments.
Here are the dates when we will be out.

11/12 April Rockingham
16/17 May Brands Hatch
14 June Mallory Park
18/19 July Cadwell Park
15/16 August Silverstone
5 September Castle Combe
3 October Oulton Park
1 November Snetterton 300 Autumn Trophy

No real power goals, we was running around 200bhp on the carburettor with some very crude fuelling.
Anything over that will be a bonus, and should get more torque low down. Want to keep it sensible for reliability.
Cars being dyno'd at EFI parts, hopefully end of the month.

Renault 5 gt turbo
Thanks Tony, were getting there.

Nice one, good trip up north mate?

4th April we are booked mate. Chris put a base map on just to get us running, so we can check everything ready for the onslaught at the rollers.
Sounds lovely :smile: getting excited now seeing it running after all the work we've put in.