ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 182 have they made any good ’ens

GW Clio 200

Havent decided yet whether or not to cancel the 182... the feedback Im getting from the people of this forum is not filling me with an awful lot of confidence, and having spent 4 hours at my dealer today with my Cup only to find out that the problem is still there; is not making me a happy chappy...

Made some inquiries about the Civic Type R and my local Honda dealership is not willing to make any deals whatsoever, he also informed me that if I ordered today he would not get delivery until, wait for it............ NOVEMBER....what a load of sh*t that is.

I think his ass went when I told him about the deal Renault where offering, didnt seem at all interested in trying to compete.......

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Mine is spot on.

Nothing big has gone wrong (just small things that are easily sorted)

As far as i have seen 2 182s on this site have had bigish issues. The recent thread i saw about a "fault" wasnt really a problem imho. Its getting blown out of proportion, the majority of 182 owners have had any problems.

GW Clio 200

I hope so Tom because nothing comes near it in terms handling/performance and value for money.....although it is a bit disconserting hearing so many problems, even if they are niggles

Lee

BMW M2C

The Honda would only be around £700 less at trade from a UK dealer. They make very little on the CTR.

I was told I could have a grey one in around 10 weeks, or silver now. Should I want one of course.

At least you will be used to Renault ownership when you get the 182.

Think how many people have bought them who dont post on here, you just see a vocal minority on here, and people always post the bad never the good.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 23 April 2004

I hope so Tom because nothing comes near it in terms handling/performance and value for money.....although it is a bit disconserting hearing so many problems, even if they are niggles
What have you heard? so far i have seen:

1 Throttle issue
1 Broken alarm (owners fault:oops:)
1 Gearbox issue
1 issue of broken trim parts
1 issue of missing body parts
The abs pump "issue" is a normal part of the way the car operates

Thats not really that bad is it?

172, Tiguan

I cant believe all this is even happening.

Oh sh*t, I once bought milk that had gone off, ill never buy milk again!!!!!!!!!!!

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Yup, not bad so far Tom...

I had a worse case scenario with the 172, best not actually commenting...

The honda garage near me reckons 2 weeks delivery

Ive had a few new cars, vw bmw etc, all have had probs. Thats wot the warrenty is for. you may strike lucky, but at the end of the day most problems i read seem to be design faults and therefore likley to crop up. If you really want a 182 dont let it stop you, however if youare getting one cos you are p*ssed off with the cups faults the i suspect you will have more of the same?!

My 182 has been sweet and its already got 4700 miles under its little belt.

Cmon people!! for the performace you get its cheap as chips!!

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 23 April 2004

Oh sh*t, I once bought milk that had gone off, ill never buy milk again!!!!!!!!!!!

This analogy hardly "sums it up" and is nowhere near "spot on"

If I bought a bad pint of milk it would have cost me 30p and I would miss out on a Cup of Tea. If I buy a car that has just cost me £13000 and it goes wrong, Im going to have to suffer the inconvienience of not having a vehicle for work, spending half of my day off work sorting it out causing me unwanted stress...I would have a bad pint of milk anyday....

Anyway.........I will Stick with my choice because as I have said beore, nothing comes close to RenaultSport cars in terms of value for money and smile factor...

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 23 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 23 April 2004

This analogy hardly "sums it up" and is nowhere near "spot on"

If I bought a bad pint of milk it would have cost me 30p and I would miss out on a Cup of Tea. If I buy a car that has just cost me £13000 and it goes wrong, Im going to have to suffer the inconvienience of not having a vehicle for work, spending half of my day off work sorting it out causing me unwanted stress...I would have a bad pint of milk anyday....

Anyway.........I will Stick with my choice because as I have said beore, nothing comes close to RenaultSport cars in terms of value for money and smile factor...
Good, now stop starting negative threads about things which havent even happened yet. ;)

GW Clio 200

I havent started a negative thread, I have started a thread that raises the concerns of those of us who have ordered or are about to order a 182.

Discussion about these issues have to be started as people are becoming more and more apprehensive about there purchase.

But I kinda know what you mean so hey....Ill chill a bit :)

dk

911 GTS Cab

well I have my splitter fitted now and my knocking noise has been fixed, all it was is that one of the heat deflectors or something was too tight to the exhaust so they replaced one at the front and back and its all fixed, nice and easy, no hassle.

I have a fully working 182 - not that I will get any more pleasure than I already was out of the car, you cant help but have a smile on your face when you plant it around a corner and the esp light starts flashing to tell you that you are an idiot and its going to sort things out before you kill yourself!

Lurvly.

Orange 182

Well my 182 has had its gearbox replaced and everything is now fine (fingers/toes and ass cheeks crossed). I would like to repeat myself and say that despite my gearbox problems, it has taken nothing away from what is a awesome motor and Ive already had more fun in it than any other car Ive driven/been a passenger in (including my kit car).

boo-tee-full!

Golf 1.4 TSI

Test drove the 182 on tue with cup suspensions pack and it stuck to the road like glue. Engine sounded quiter than the 172 and you could hear the exhaust at high revs.

Didnt feel as fast as my 172 but im sure its because the engine is still tight and would loosen up after a few miles. Overall was impressed but cant really justify changing at the momment. Maybe wait a few more months and see how the demonstrator market goes

dk

911 GTS Cab

what really hit was today when I got a 1.2 dynamic as a courtesy car, how terrible it felt(no disrespect to 1.2 owners!) after having driven mine, i put my foot down and literally nothing happened, i thought i was going to roll over round corners and the steering was SSSOOOO light it had no feel.

Made me realise just what a difference there is between the two cars!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its quite :oops: id rather not talk about it

lets just say its stereo related

Ford Fiesta

crikey, alarm somehow blew up with stereo, didnt realise they were connected. whats wrong with keeping the standard ice, lol

I know Im joining this discussion a bit late but Im slow :oops:

Im ordering a 182 and getting a cracking deal(Renault dealer friend ;)). At the end of the day I just want to get rid of my 5 GT turbo as something goes wrong on it all the time. From all the car mags ive read the 182 blows the market away performance wise. There will always be a few problems to start with that Renault will iron out in a few months.

Ignore us moaners mate, you could go out, buy a CTR and have the same problems with that, luck of the draw!!! For all I know I could be being TOOO paranoid about noise I am getting. From a couple of messages I have had I have not got dreaded gearbox problem so like I say, it could be me being paranoid at seeing these posts!!!! Buy it, you know you want too ;)

Cheers mate.

Im definitly gonna get one no matter what anyone says.

I cant wait to have a brand new car that i can take back to Renault if the slightest little thing is rattling! Trydriving a R5 and youll never be one to moan ;)