ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing wax?

Swift Sport
Right, bit of a weird one...

I've had my MX-5 professionally Waxoyled and the sods have left my paintwork in a right state. There's a mist of wax on it that won't come off after a wash... I'm pretty annoyed, but what can I do?

Swift Sport
Thanks lads, I'll try that... I need a new bucket though as it's that bad I've had to chuck mine in the bin!

Waxoil I'm guessing will not be removed by fairy liquid, APCs, Tardis etc, as it's surely designed to protect the underside of cars from these sorts of products that occur on our roads?
I'm willing to bet claying and polishing will be required. I'd take it back to be quite honest.

Swift Sport
I would, but it's a 4 hour drive to take my car back to people who can't Waxoyl a car without getting it all over the bodywork. I will be complaining though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tardis does remove it, I actually took heavy staining off a BMW last week for a customer, claying obviously will also.

Tardis then hand polish, be reet.

Reactions: JD
  Swift Sport
Thanks fellas... You'd expect professionals to do a proper job wouldn't you. I could've made a hash of it myself!

Swift Sport
Right, I've bought a massive bottle of Tardis but before I use it I just wanted to confirm how I apply it seeing as there's no directions. Do I apply it directly to the paintwork like using window cleaner or should I use a cloth? How careful do I need to be with it!?

Swift Sport
Here's a couple of pictures to illustrate the state the car was in... In the first picture you can see where I've treated the wing to the left of picture before doing the bonnet to the right. It was like that all over the entire car!
19511809250_609f79fa0e_z.jpg

Door roundels sprayed with Tardis showing the extent of the mess...
19511763598_b74b713930_z.jpg

The state of a brand new microfibre cloth after removing the wax...
19673596206_20a9c983ab_z.jpg

I'm really chuffed that Tardis removed the wax with ease, although I'm really disappointed with Rustmaster South for giving me the car back in such a state. I will not be recommending them!

Swift Sport
Yeah the whole car was covered in wax from head to toe! At first I thought it was just dirt as it had been raining on and off that day so assumed a quick wash would bring the shine back... You can imagine my reaction when it didn't clean off!