ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing washer pump in situ

997.1, Caddy, e208
Hi all, is it possible to remove the windscreen washer pump without removing the water bottle (right angled pump) or shall I just accept that I'll need to strip much more of the car down to replace it.

Cheers

mgd

Clio 182
It only takes 15 mins to strip out the wiper motor and the bottle comes out pretty easy after that.

I think you would end up splitting the bottle trying to remove the pump without removing the bottle

Clio 1.2 dynamique
Not sure if this is the same set up as on a 1.2 but I did it on mine (to repair the expanded rubber bung that blocked the flow of fluids).

Before you (or anyone) follows anything I say - please keep in mind that my clio is on 110000 miles and is a complete dog that cost very very little.

I undid the plastic clip on the windscreen wiper scuttle (black plastic) panel, removed the upper rubber bonnet seal and then lifted the plastic scuttle up. this gave me just enough room to get my hand in and remove the washer bottle pump (pulled it upwards) as i did this the entire bottle emptied all over the garage floor and missed the bucket I had put under the car.

Nothing broke, But I certainly wouldnt use my method if my car was worth more.

tommy.

clio 182 sport
Defo will have to remove all the parts to get the pump out if it is a 172 or 182 buddy as I did this recently on my 182

997.1, Caddy, e208
Yeah, done it all last night but it got so dark so quick I had to assemble it & forgot to put the mech back on the guide, off it comes again today