ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing the spare tyre.. a good idea?

Foz turbo S & a 172
hi all.

during these damp horrible conditions (and with impending winter approaching) I'm finding my little jack russell cant find its feet in the first 3 gears, wheels-spinning as it struggles to find grip on the kitchen lino..

So, I was thinking, hows about I stick a bag o sand in the engine bay whilst removing the spare tyre in the boot? Is this a daft idea? I'm used to no spare due to lpg'd motors I've had/have.

This is going to be my first winter in my little mk2 172 and am just thinking on how best to prepare for traction..

ps. new tyres, albeit semi-cheapies..

ThanksInAdvance..

LongI
@_inalbion

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Iirc you can put a bucket in the engine bay, you could put the sand in that.

I've driven my cup the past 4 winters without issues, it's not the car that's the issue, it's your application of the throttle.

SG9 Forester STi
Launch much?

I have no back seats, no spare wheel and find I can get to work without lighting up the tarmac lol.

Yes I definitely think a sandbag in the engine bay will be the most effective anti wheelspin method.

Foz turbo S & a 172
I've driven my cup the past 4 winters without issues, it's not the car that's the issue, it's your application of the throttle.

winter tyres. check.
sandbag in bay. check.
throttle application tuition course. check.
lead from foot. check.

thanks all..

L