ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing the dash

none :(
OK i am fed up with my dash so was wondering if anyone knew how to remove it, i started to but chickened out because i didnt want to break it.:eek:

what i want to do is make it look a bit better, i was thinking about painting it but its covered in scratches from the previous owner so i might sand out the scratches and get the film stuff you can cover it with. Does anyone know if this stuff is anygood?
(this kind of thing: http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod_id=2271)

Cheers

(its a mk2 ph1)

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Taking out the dash is easy!
I must've have done it about 15 times now.
First time took me about an hour as i got a bit stuck but now i can do it in about 5 minutes.

Start out by removing the plastic dash inserts (they just pop out) then pull down the rubber strip that goes around the doors.
Pull off the A-Pillar cover (use a bit of force and it'll pull off).
Now release the plastic torx screws on either side of the dash (passenger one is by the fusebox drivers side is in the same place).
Then remove the 3 torx screws at the back of the dash (located in between the windscreen vent), it uses a T15 i believe.
then finally remove the 6 torx screws which are behind the plastic dash inserts (two of the are behind the sterring wheel cover)

Then simply pull the dash forward and lift up.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
yeah a couple of mates have used the stuff.
I guess it would quite good if done precisely. Its quite hard to do curvy things with it though.
Maybe doing the centre console would look good.

If you have any problems with the dash just give us a shout.

Nick