ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing stripes from a racing blue..

182 Cup
The car is Dec 04, only 12k miles on it so what condition is the paintwork likely to be in if I remove them?
Has anyone done this before and have you noticed a difference in the paint?

D

dick

blues nt 2 bad at fading, altho, 2 n half years, eek, nt sure id dare risk it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dick

des the racing blue have a basecoat and lacquer?

or is it just one coat since not metallic.

if its just like paint, no laquer, could polish out even if i does faded.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I think it will be fine. Worse case scenerio its a little darker in which case a little T-cut will do the job.

1.8 8v RSi
why would you wanna remove the stripes anyway? i think they look good....the only colour that can get away with them to lol

182 Cup
I love the stripes but they really draw attention to the car, i've had little spides give me w@nker gestures and what not when in traffic. Normally I would laugh it off but it makes me worry when i'm parking in the city :(

S1RST/205GTI
If you cant get hold of these anymore its a tough decision,as if you could i would try taking the smallest one of first(spoiler/tailgate)and seeing what its like as it would be easy enough to replace:)
I take mouldings/smaller stripes/badges off cars every day as i work in a Volvo Bodyshop and the paint underneath matches perfectly and half the owners dont even look after their paint!

182 Cup
So just heat em up and start to pull? I suspect iot just wont be that easy, will try one of the boot ones first and take it from there I guess.

The car is Dec 04, only 12k miles on it so what condition is the paintwork likely to be in if I remove them?
Has anyone done this before and have you noticed a difference in the paint?

i removed my stripes from my cup after 2 yrs of having them , used a hair dryer to heat them before removing them , cleaned up with autoglym stuff after .......

worked ok ....... no problems woth colour distortion