ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing standard head unit from 172?

Clio 172 Cup
hi all, what do I need to remove the standard head unit from my 2002 Clio 172 Cup? I'm guessing its just a 2 pronged tool thats pushes in & releases the spring clips or similar? Where would I get one from? Also, is the brightness of the clock unit/radio display adjustable as mine is really dim & near impossible to see during daylight hours!
Cheers

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You can either get the key (from halfords or a car audio place), or just use 2 thin allen keys put them in the 2 holes on one side and move them round until you feel it release...move that side out, then do same on other side and its out (nice and easy).

As for the display brightness...have you turned the dial to the right hand side of the steering wheel down on the dashboard (where the wheel with the numbers are - for headlight adjustment)...the one next to it adjusts dashboard brightness...if the dash lights are on full brightness, and the raiso is very dim...might be an idea to replace the bulbs behind the display unit at top of dash. (Don't know how easy a job it is as I never had to do it on a 172/182, but did it on a Megane Coupe as a piece of piss!)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
You can buy the removal tools from halfords for a few quid, or you can use a set of small screwdrivers or cut up metal hanger.

Display can only be adjusted with the dial adjustment only when the lights are on. With the lights off, it should be bright enough in the day. With lights on in the day though, mine can be much harder to see.

Evo 8 MR
One will suffice, lol.

Pop one side out, pop the other out, then pull.

I did mine just yesterday, took me about 5 minutes to change the headunit.