ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing splashed paint

Hello,
At work recently around 30 cars have been sprayed with a covering of specs of rubberized paint from them resealing asda's roof next door.
They have taken cars away to be 'polished' but no luck getting it off.

Do any of you detailing wizards have any ideas of how to efficiently clean all the cars without leaving damage?

Cheers

Golf GT & A4 Avant
As above, hopefully its a bitumen based product so a tar and glue remover will hopefully be able to dissolve the spots. If you need something from a retail store, look in Halfords for Autoglym intensive tar remover. Apply to a microfibre, and gently wipe over the affected areas until it starts to break down. Will need a wash afterwards to remove the remains of the tar remover.

Okay thanks I'll mention it. The roofing company are trying to sort it. They took some cars away but werent able to get it off so was asking if anybody knew anything I could pass the info into them

FF Titanium 182
Ive got a similar problem with a little black blob on mine, mine seemed to appear after a little motor way run last week. I tried a slight go with clay and lube but literally a few mins, would it need to be worked for a while?

BG Clio 182
Ive got a similar problem with a little black blob on mine, mine seemed to appear after a little motor way run last week. I tried a slight go with clay and lube but literally a few mins, would it need to be worked for a while?

Sounds like tar. Get some tar remover or glass cleaner on it and leave it to soak. Try claying with some more aggressive clay or just get it with your nail to be fair, polish any scratches out you inflict.

FF Titanium 182
Sounds like tar. Get some tar remover or glass cleaner on it and leave it to soak. Try claying with some more aggressive clay or just get it with your nail to be fair, polish any scratches out you inflict.
I dont think its Tar mate, had my tar remover on it and a little go with the Clay doesnt wanna move! Guna give it another blast soon though a bit more agressively like you said see if i can lift it. The spot doesnt seem to be raised either which is weird.

BG Clio 182
I dont think its Tar mate, had my tar remover on it and a little go with the Clay doesnt wanna move! Guna give it another blast soon though a bit more agressively like you said see if i can lift it. The spot doesnt seem to be raised either which is weird.
If you can polish it out then just get it off with a fingernail haha.

Seems odd that they have taken the cars somewhere to sort it and had no luck, and asked if you knew of anything suitable - as if to say the place they took them had no idea about cleaning cars.

Perhaps have a local valeting/detailing company come over for a look to quote, and then invoice the firm for the work rather than what it sounds like - have some roofers take them away somewhere like an old converted petrol station forecourt.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'd imagine it was SIKA paint they used. Tardis and clay probably won't get that out.

If it's just localised spots I'd be using wet and dry. If it's all over it's a case of compounding the f**k out it whilst keeping an eye on the microns.

If I was you I'd be getting a detailer out for a quote as that's the only way to do it properly without leaving your paint looking like beavers have attacked it. A proper detailer not I'll come and valet your car for £50 type of outfit.

They didn't ask if i had suggestions, its just its been dragging out for 2 weeks now and it doesn't seem like they have a solution so was asking if anybody knows.
They are on about resprays as they are saying they cannot clean it.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
They didn't ask if i had suggestions, its just its been dragging out for 2 weeks now and it doesn't seem like they have a solution so was asking if anybody knows.
They are on about resprays as they are saying they cannot clean it.
Where are you based? There will be a 'Pro' detailer in the area that could assist I'm sure. It's not cheap, but cheaper than re-spray's.

Near Bristol/ Weston-s-m. Looks like we are having to wait till after christmas to get it sorted!
Would you expect the paint to be damaged on the car as the paint is being left on for so long?