ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear wiper - got it off but what about the screw thread?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Hey guys! Out of boredom I decided to remove the rear wiper but now I am left with the stipud screw thread which I'm not too sure how to remove :S
Its pictured below..

Image005.gif

Last edited:

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Do you really? Im such a t**t and didnt even know that if thats the case :eek:

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Just remove the bootlid door card, and u will see the motor, just unbolt that and with it, the "screw thread".

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Ok thanks guys! Ill get it removed asap :)

Quick question, the plastic surround... How does it come off? Does it just pop off? I tried using a screwdriver to lift a corner of it but realised it wasnt come off too easily and was afraid of breaking it!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
thanks a bunch! im going to spray it black quickly too, the plastic is really badly discoloured as you can see in the picture

The plastic blanking plate thing you pop off, use a flat blade or something, then underneath there's a big nut (22mm I think) on the outside, undo that (well I did anyway) Then on the inside there's two bolts holding the motor to the inside bootlid, remove them and you can take the whole thing out:)

Edit: Oh and use something like AG Bumper care on the plastic, worked wonders for me!

ITB BG 182
The plastic plate is on two big push bolts, get it from one side and pull and then the other side it will need a good sharp pull.
The inner plastic will just pop off once the torx bit inside the handle has been removed.

182 Turbo Project
I tried removing mine today, but the two bolts holding the motor just spin? I can't seem to un-screw them! :(

Any ideas?

Clio 1.5 DCI 2005
Hey :)

You have to clamp the screw in place and then remove the bolt.
I used some plyers and lodged it behind the bolt. Or try clamping it from behind the entire unit. its a pain to get behind but gives you more room to twist the bolt off.:)

Ibiza FR
I tried removing mine today, but the two bolts holding the motor just spin? I can't seem to un-screw them! :(

Any ideas?

Have you removed the big bolt under the outside cover? this could be holding it in place not letting it move, which made the bolts just round off inside?