ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear seats

Ultra Red Clio 197
Hi,

Currently working on removing my rear seats to replace with 182 leather interior! I know exactly how to do it, however I have a small problem!

The screws are so ffffiiiinnnggg tight so much so one of the back bar bolts just broke and the other just about came out with some WD40...

Now I can't get this screw out to remove the actual back part of the seat.

100_0449.jpg

I have tried the WD40 but nothing else I try will loosen it.. Its taken me much longer than expected and im loosing patience fast!

Has anyone any suggestions to getting this b*****d out?

Cheers
Ross ;)

Ultra Red Clio 197
thought about that, but dont wanna fcuk the screw threads up, as I will need to screw down the new leather seats...

what are you using to remove it, have you tryed a long bar with the correct head on it? As this might shift it

Ultra Red Clio 197
The correct head is in the tool kit in the boot, though its rubbish! Going to go find a longer flat head screwdriver now and try!

Really fustrating me now!

try a head attached to a bar at a right angle like with a socket set as this should shift it. Not a verticle screwdriver as it wont give you any leverage

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Get some muscles man....

On a serious note u need a correct fitted head and leverage... so extension bars etc....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Remember things undue lot easier if you just give em one big wack rather than doing it slowly.

Clio Sport 182
And if all else fails go borrow or buy a impact driver! You can pick em up for a tenner! And youll wonder how you ever lived without it! ;)