ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear belts and rusty arch

Arctic 182
Total newbie question but how's best to remove this connection for the rear seat belts (pic 1) and is this rust on the inside of the other arch (pic 2) something to be particularly worried about? Is it common? What's the best way to deal with it? I plan on painting the interior satin black, just treat, prime and paint? What would you treat it with?

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 153

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I have the same issue. Its from the outside, look for a hole in the seam sealer in the wheel arch, grind it back, treat it, seam sealer (tigerseal spread with a lollypop stick!), spray underseal and paint. If you just do it from inside, it will come back very quickly. @JohnyD

Arctic 182
Thanks mate, I was just going to attack from inside. I'll give that a try - a lolly pop stick has many uses. Will let you know how I get on.

Glad I'm not alone but considering it's 14 years old, I can't complain too hard about a tiny bit of rust.. although a little usually means a lot somewhere!

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
When you unclip that connection it will throw up the light on the dash. I used the resistor trick on my rear belts. Sorted it out for me, I did reset the lights with RS-tuner though just to clear the fault codes.