ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing RainX

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
What's best to remove rain x from the windscreen?

I think I applied it wrong as it just smears horribly and is pretty dangerous in these conditions.

Ta.

Megane 2 GT 165
I would not recommend polishing you windows, but you can try.

Id try to use glassex for a few times. Or wash the window with normal kitchen soap (dreft or something).

Read somewhere lighter fluid gets rid of the Rain X but could mess up coatings??

I also only recommend using Rain X if you drive motorways a lot.... because soon after applying it does not work at speeds below 60km/h. (40mph)

vers le haut doigt milieu
Rain x just gives a less resistant surface so water flows off it easier so its recommendable for all conditions. You can polish your windows it will give you a nice finish to it, but DO NOT polish the windscreen as it will smear. Use nail varnish remover that will do the trick otherwise any glass cleaner with allot of elbow grease, make sure when you apply it you let it sit until the windows become cloudy and then buff it until it all disappears.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
That's what I didn't do - allow it to haze.

I just sprayed it on and wiped it off with kitchen towel just like how you clean windows with something like windowlene.

I'll nab some of the mrs' nail varnish remover and give that a blast. Before I do, what about APC, would that work? I've got some Flash APC in the cupboard.

I'd rather not polish the windscreen, I've only got SRP and that's full of fillers that will take ages to get off the windscreen.

106 GTi
AG Glass Polish.

Or Just reapply the rain X properly, the proper application will remove the previous hazes one.

If you are having problems after application where it looks a bit hazy after a spritz of water straight away and a good buff with a MF cloth also sorts it.

172cup
always wondered whether rainx was any good, as most people on other forums in the past have also said its pap smears all round

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's excellent stuff when correctly applied. You can drive in the rain at 70mph without using wipers.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
If anyone wants to buy mine off me they are welcome to it, I got the interior rainx anti-fog wipes too, but wasn't a fan of them either.

Any offers? :quiet:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If anyone wants to buy mine off me they are welcome to it, I got the interior rainx anti-fog wipes too, but wasn't a fan of them either.

Any offers? :quiet:
Have you tried it when it's been correctly applied?

1998 BMW e46 323i
Was excellent when I applied it a few months back, drove 14 miles to work in the rain without using the wipers once one day, but recently it just smeared and smeared and I was having to wash/wipe A LOT, think maybe it was related to all the dirt and grit on the roads.

I used nail varnish remover like Bash said, and all is well now. May re-apply it one day.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Have you tried it when it's been correctly applied?

Yeah I re-applied it, let it haze and buffed off. Spent a good hour on all the windows. Still the same.

Might give it one last shot when it's a bit warmer. I think the dirt and grime from the roads are not helping and the fact it's really cold is stopping it hazing up as much as it should.